Thursday, March 1, 2018

Shiro Cosmetics: Miscellaneous Sample Shadows Review

Ok you folks, Shiro Cosmetics is something I've been meaning to check out for a while but when I say I went in... I went IN! Again! Like... so excite to own all these beauties and play with them! This is my collection of new samples that either fit into a collection I've already reviewed or are random stranglers. I figured it would be easier to create a cohesive look with these shadows if I simply grouped them together versus tried to subdivide them into collections.
AvailabilityShiro is no longer in business.
Would I buy this again? I can't say for sure yet.
NotesNotes will accompany each shade respectively.
There Are Secrets Everywhere from A Collection of Calamitous Cosmetics - is described as a soft black base with a strong metallic bronze glow. I'd say this is as described, a black base (I would say it's quite intense) with a bronze and golden micro-shimmer. So beautiful! I think it would make a cool eyeliner if used wet.

Milk-Light of the Moon from the Into The Unknown Collection - is described as a soft wispy green-tinted grey with strong ice blue shift. I'd have to say this is a as described except that the green in the grey is much more prominent in the sample baggy versus when swatched, it just looks like an off-grey with aqua-ish blue micro-glitter. This is a beautiful shade and I think it would make a fun, rather unique, highlighter shade.
Through the Wood from the Into the Unknown Collection - is described as a bright fiery red-orange, with gold shimmer and sparkle. This has a GORGEOUS burnt orange base loaded with orange-y red and gold micro-glitter. I love this one so much.
Wizard Wheezes* from the Marauders, Mugwups, and Muggles Collection - is described as purple and green sparkles sitting pretty in a shiny blood orange base. I would personally describe this as having more of a pink grapefruit shade base wit a pink pearl and silver-green and pink micro-glitter. It's quite glittery and would look amazing over a tacky glitter base. 
Mother of Dragons* from the Seven Kingdoms Collection - is described as a silvered royal purple over a blood-red base. I'd say this is a cool-toned freshly drawn blood colored base with an intense silver, almost graphite-like shimmer. Honestly I feel like the pearl in here competes, rather than enhances, the base color although when blended out thoroughly the red does stand out.
a fell voice on the air from the Just Legolas Things - I apologize for not having a description as I thought I either lost or gave the shadow away which, of course, I was confused as I couldn't see myself giving a shade like this away. It is a very beautiful cool-toned purple with a teal micro-shimmer pearl. I think it's absolutely stunning and has mermaid vibes so I was obviously all about owning it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for these myself with the exception of the shades marked off with an asterisk which Shiro kindly included as a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment