Friday, March 9, 2018

Tarte Tartelette Toasted Clay Eyeshadow Palette Review

Today I'll be reviewing the Tarte Tartlette Toasted palette. I have been so excited about this palette and how beautiful it is so I'm really excited to finally own it.
AvailabilityThis retails at $42 and is available at sephora.com,ulta.com and their respective physical store locations along with tartecosmetics.com
Would I buy this again? Yes. 
NotesCommentary on each color will be done below. Overall, this palette is pretty fantastic for day-to-day makeup. I happen to LOVE Tarte's more satin and metallic textures and was excited that this palette includes its fair share of them. In terms of actual texture - everything here is really smooth and blends fairly easily. This also has a vanilla scent which is noticeable when you apply the shadows, which is nice; it doesn't stick around once the shadows are applied.
S'more is described as a pinky beige. This is a matte beige skin-tone shade, it's about a two shades lighter than my skin-tone.
Sunrise is described as a warm beige. This is a satiny, warm vanilla tone. 
Sunset is described as a bronze. This is a beautiful metallic bronzy gold.
Crackle is described as a brown with gold flecks. I would say this is a matte mid-tone, somewhat dark brown with golden and pinkish micro-glitter flecks. 
Cashmere is described as a peachy nude. I'd have to agree with its description, it looks a lot more pink in person versus the swatch photo; this has a matte finish.
Warmth is described as a pale peach. Uhhhhhh.... in what world is this "pale"? I'd say it's a soft pumpkin orange shade.
Flame is described as a terracotta. This is a GORGEOUS metallic terracotta. Really beautiful!
Cozy is described as a brick. Another uhhh moment because when I think of bricks I think of a more red shade. This is a matte, warm mid-tone ever-so-slightly reddish brown. 
Candle is described as a champagne. This is very metallic, almost glittery champagne shade. A gorgeous lid shade. 
Latte is described as a tan. This is soft, matte warm tan that's perfect as a "blending out" shade.
Simmer is described as a copper. This is a very soft golden copper with a muted metallic finish, it's not quite matte enough to be satin but isn't hardcore metallic either. 
Fireside is described as a deep plum. This is a gorgeous  matte plummy brown.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI purchased this using my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment