Saturday, October 8, 2016

Highlighter Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit

BEHOLD the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Moonchild
AvailabilityThis retails at $40 for six pans that are (4.2g) .15 oz each and is available at ulta.com and macys.com along with their physical store locations as well as anastasiabeverlyhills.com.
Would I buy this again? Possibly.
NotesI'll describe each color as I get to it but a few things - firstly I wish it came with a mirror, this palette size and the way it stays open would work well with a mirror, so... there's that. That said I typically don't use mirrors in palettes so... All these shades are heavily frosted/glow-y/shimmery, it's not a glitter but they are somewhat metallic, so if you're not a fan of that, this item is probably not up your alley. Look at how glorious it is! I love how it's like a rainbow highlight but is more subtle so it doesn't compete with your makeup while still giving you a beautiful glow. I think it's an excellent entry point into more colorful highlighters - and I'm a big advocate for color - but without the commitment of something too terribly "out there."
Blue Ice is described as a diamond white with an icy blue reflect. I'd have to agree; this has really pretty gold, blue, and pink micro-shimmer. It reminds me of snow but with a blue shift to it. 
Star is described as a moonstone fusion of mint, platinum, and silver effect. To me this is a straight up bright silver. The light has to hit it just so for that hint of mint to show up. 
Purple Horseshoe is described as a glittering lavender with an arctic blue reflect. This is essentially a purple version of Blue Ice. Gosh I love it, it's kind of mermaid meets ice princess. I can dig it. 
Pink Heart is described as a pearl white with a pink opal reflect. This is probably the least unique thing in the palette as there's plenty of highlights done with this type of effect. Still pretty though. 
Lucky Clover is described as a shamrock-infused gold with canary yellow diamond reflect. They're really reaching with this description. It's a mostly white/off-white shade with a beautiful warm green reflect. 
Blue Moon is described as a frozen blue with a silver reflect. This is one of those weird colors where you can't tell if it's blue or if it's grey. It's quite pretty and is also sprinkled with very fine pink micro-glitter.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment