Saturday, April 9, 2016

Tarte Tartelette Tease Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette Review

Today I'll be reviewing the Tarte Tartelette Tease Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette
Availability: This is available at ulta.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations as well as tartecosmetics.com. The retail price is $19 for 6 shadows that are .03 oz each. Honestly, not a bad price point at all. 
Would I buy this?: I want to say yes.  
Notes: This palette that was provided for testing purposes through my job, I wasn't planning on picking it up although I swatched it and drooled over it simply because I figured I'd have similar colors. But I'm so glad that they chose to give this to us because I love it, the quality of these shadows is super pigmented without a base, smooth, easy to go on and if I go on a vacation or short trip where I don't anticipate wearing much makeup, or I don't have to do a lot of makeup for... this is a good tiny thing to drop into my bag. I'm digging it. Apparently the palette is subdivided into two looks, with both rows containing a highlight, lid, and crease shades but... y'all know I don't pay attention to that. Someone in the reviews said this had a cocoa smell and upon smelling the palette... it does! Anyway, behold the swatches. 
Whisper is described as a light pink. This is indeed a matte, fleshy light pink, this would make a good matte highlight for the face as well on a light complexion.
Crush is described as a taupe shimmer. This is a slightly pinky taupe with a golden shift which makes it really unique and interesting - I love taupes so variation is fun. 
Heartbreaker is described as a brown. This is a matte dark chocolate brown.
Wink is described as a light mauve. I pretty much agree with the description, a whitened light mauve tone that's matte.
First Kiss is described as a mauve shimmer. I'd say this is one of those weird mauve, taupe tones that's heavily kissed (or made out :P) with brown. 
Bff is described as a plum. I would say this color is a really vivid plum brown. Really pretty.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated to, mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment