Monday, April 18, 2016

Highlighter Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam Glow Kit

BEHOLD the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam
AvailabilityThis appears to have been discontinued.
Would I buy this again? Probably.
Notes: I'll describe each color as I get to it but a few things - firstly I wish this came with a mirror, the palette size and the way it stays open would work well with a mirror, so... there's that. All these shades are heavily frosted/glowy/shimmery, it's not a glitter but they are somewhat metallic, if you're not a fan of that you will not like it. This is by far the most glowy of highlights I've stumbled upon.
Hard Candy is described as a mood changing golden peach with a pink pearl reflective pigment. I'm not sure what they mean by "mood changing" - am I changing my mood or is the highlighter changing its? This is indeed a peach tone with a pink pearl throughout, which I love. Honestly, unless I get some color this summer this would work as more of a blush or a blush enhancer - to give another blush more glow - than as a highlight on me.
Mimosa is described as a radiant golden peach with a metallic finish. This is pretty true to its description and is kind of dark for me, I could definitely get away with using this as eyeshadow and to highlight a lip color if placed on the center of the lips or the cupid's bow.
Starburst is described as a rush of cool pink with an iridescent finish. This is a pink with an intense white, icy finish. I wish this had the pink pearl in it, as it would work beautifully for my skin tone and I love highlighters with a duo-chrome pearl throughout, oh well, it's still quite lovely. 
Crushed Pearl is described as a glimmering pink and silver with a crystallized chrome finish. I would describe this simply as a pink champagne, it's kind of my go-to classic highlight color for my skin tone and I dig it, never hurts to have more of a tried and true.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment