Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sugarpill Penelope, Mint Soda, Clickbait, and Holy Ghost Chromalust Review

My Sugarpill Story: Amy Doan, the founder of Sugarpill, has been an inspiration many years before Sugarpill even launched. I found out about her Ebay shop through Leesha's videos and  was blown away by the gorgeous makeup looks she did to accompany her product pages. She is an enormous inspiration to me because she's doing what she loves and is colorful and not afraid to express or be herself. So when Sugarpill first launched I knew I had to get my hands on the goods.  I really hope you enjoy the review and seriously, if you have the money to spend, go to sugarpill.net right now and get your hands on this gold! :3 Black Friday is coming!
Availability: Penelope is the only shade still available and retails at $14 for 3g of product. 
Note: What sets the Chromalusts apart from similar loose shadows or pigments are that a large majority of them contain these amazing micro-glitter particles - they do a good job of staying on the skin as well but generally show up when the product is used dry (it takes on a more metallic quality if used wet). I have to apologize that for many of the pigments, my camera just doesn't do the glitter justice because it's just so much more multidimensional in natural light, but I hope my descriptions are helpful :3
Penelope is described as a super reflective metallic copper. I'd describe this as being true to its description. Everyone seemed to really like this shade in their reviews and videos so I figured I'd give it a try. You guis... this is just SICK. I mean I usually pull for more amber versus copper colors but this is just sickening... in a drag queen kind of way :P
Mint Soda is described as a radiant metallic mint with sparkling gold sheen. I'd say this is more of a chartreuse with golden green and silver micro-glitter. I love colors like this.
Clickbait is described as a metallic mossy teal with golden sheen. This is another color that's really true to its description and it's just utterly glorious and stunning. As a mermaid, I needed this. Like... so beautiful with a slight hint of gray, like the ocean on a cloudy day... gah!
Holy Ghost is described as a sparkling deep sea blue with aqua and green reflects. This is just another perfect mermaid tone - a gorgeous aquatic blue with fun micro-glitter sprinkles. It makes me smile when I see it. :)

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment