Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mask Review: GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment.
Availability: This product is available at sephora.com as well as its respective physical store locations as well as glamglowmud.com and paulaschoice.com. The retail pricing is $69 for 1.7 oz.

Would I buy this? I'm so torn... I want to say I will because my skin LOVES this stuff but... the price tag is painful.

What it is formulated to do:
Allow us to quote the lovely sephora.com:
What it is:
A nondrying hydration mask to deliver instant, extreme hydration. 
What it is formulated to do:
THIRSTYMUD™ uses the newest, most advanced, and extreme hydration active technologies. It moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin. Dewdration™ boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result while HydraPack™ leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel. GreenEnergy™ smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
From sephora.com:
-Dewdration™: A blend of actives containing hyaluronic acid and citric acid for deep hydration; boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy, youthful look. 
-Hydrapack™: A blend of actives containing botanimoist, moisturizing sugars and acids from apples, oat beta glucan to soothe and calm the skin, and hydraclay to trap and retain moisture in the skin. 
-GreenEnergy™: A blend of actives containing raw honey and ginger root for radiance and detoxifying; coconut provides immediate skin conditioning. 
-Teaoxi Olive Leaf: Delivers naturally moisturizing linoleic acid.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a cross between a lotion and a mud. It's absorbed by the skin fairly readily but leaves behind a slightly sticky feel.

Is it scented?
This smells like a tropical indulgence - coconut, a slight apple scent, sort of beachy, like sand-like but in a good way. Y'all know that as a mermaid I love it.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Let me just tell you folks that this is one of my favorite things that I've been able to play with and review. My skin just absolutely loves this stuff - it's hard for me to explain, but the moment I put this on my skin feels renewed, hydrated, glowing... like it just reacts so well to this... it looks and feels amazing and I've been getting loads of compliments on the way my skin looks and I just feel that is texture has improved since I've started using this. That said, I still suffer from accursed redness... :x :( Anywho... I use this daily, reason being I have several other masks that I need to at some point use up and I don't want to have them forever. Ideally, you're supposed to use this 2-3 times a week but it won't irritate the skin because you can actually use it as a primer for your makeup (if you're on the drier side; my favorite method for clients), you can use it as a regular mask and tissue it off, or as (my favorite method on myself) as a sleeping mask. This makes my skin feel incredibly hydrated, has improved the skin's texture, and leaves the skin with a beautiful glow. It pains my wallet to say I'm kind of addicted. Plus the scent... the scent is just lovely.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am in no way obligated to mention it on this here blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment