Thursday, April 23, 2015

MAKE UP FOR EVER 943, 942, 928, 960 Star Powder Review

Today I'll be reviewing MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder in 943, 942, 928, 960.
Ok so can we talk about how excite I am that the lovely humans at MUFE - specifically Sarah, gave me these to play with. :D Eeeh, she was cleaning out one of the drawers filled with testers of these and was making samples in general and you know... if you're nice to people they hook you up. :D Also I had won a contest a while back and that's why she also gave me the full-sized one. I have been meaning to make samples and/or own a few of these lovely Star Powders for ages and I'm really quite excited. As many other loose eyeshadow/pigment products you can also use these on the face/body as highlighters, or mix them in with various mediums - water, setting spray, moisturizer, foundation, lip balm, nail polishes... to give all sorts of various effects... the world is your oyster.

AvailabilityThese have all been discontinued.
Would I buy these? I haven't played with them enough to make a firm decision but the swatches are quite delicious. I can't wait to really play.
NotesAll of these shades have a pearl finish.
943 - is described as a pearl with pink highlights. It's an off-white with a lovely pink and gold shift which would make a gorgeous highlight for most skin-tones. 
942 - is described as a white with mauve highlights. To me the shift here is more of a pinkish violet more so than a mauve. It's quite lovely over a black base and is another color that I think would be fun to highlight with... I mean... mermaid life! :P
928 - is described as a  pastel blue. We all agreed that this is your quintessential Cinderella shade. It's a gorgeous pastel shade of blue that's... vibrant for being a pastel... not so much of a white base and is almost borderline cornflower. Beautiful. 
960 - is described as a blue with turquoise highlights. This color has "Safyre" written all over it. I mean look at the MERMAID MAGIC that this color is... a lovely blue with a golden teal shift. Le drool. I obviously needed it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: These were all provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention these products on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment