Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Primer Review: e.l.f. Halo Glow Liquid Filter

Today's review will be for the e.l.f. Halo Glow Liquid Filter in Fair.

Availability: This retails at $14 for 1.06 fl. oz. (31.5 mL). It is available at ulta.com, target.com, cvs.com, and walgreens.com along with select physical store locations that carry e.l.f. as well as at amazon.com and elfcosmetics.com. 

Would I buy this again?: Possibly, if I can find the lighter shades.

What is this product designed to address?
According to elfcosmetics.com:
What it is: A multi-purpose, liquid glow booster infused with hydrating ingredients to give your complexion a soft-focus social filter effect IRL.
Why you'll love it:Glowy makeup and skincare hybrid for dewy skin
Complexion looks healthy and more radiant
Liquid Filter can be worn 4 ways: alone, over or under makeup, mixed with foundation, or as a highlighter
Enriched with skin-loving ingredients like Squalane and Hyaluronic Acid
Glass container is recyclable
Now available in a range of 12 shades for even more skin tones and undertones
Ingredients:Squalane
Hyaluronic Acid
Finely milled powders
Great for: dry, oily, and combination skin
You asked, we glistened—our Halo Glow Liquid Filter is now available in 12 shades to suit a range of skin tones and undertones! This innovative complexion booster and skincare-makeup hybrid is infused with squalane and hyaluronic acid. The unique formula enhances the overall look of skin while imparting a soft-focus radiance. Wear on its own, under or over makeup; mix with your favorite foundation for a dewy finish or use as a highlighter to illuminate the high points of your face. Available in 12 flexible shades.
All e.l.f. products are free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone.
All e.l.f. products are cruelty free and vegan.
This product is made in a Fair-Trade Certified factory.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Squalane: Helps skin retain hydration, has anti-inflammatory properties.
Sunflower Oil: Has hydrating properties.
Hyaluronic Acid: Helps attract water into skin and helps skin retain hydration.
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties.
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract:Helps skin retain moisture.

What is the texture like?
This has a slightly tacky, creamy feel to it. 

Is it scented?
This doesn't have a particularly discernable scent. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I purchased this because people compared it to the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, which has made it onto my favorites many times so we all know I love it! That being said, I find that in comparison, this is more pigmented vs the Charlotte Tilbury and therefore the shade I got is a bit too dark for me but was also the lightest that my local Target had in stock. I can make it work as primer but I'd prefer a closer shade match in the future. In terms of working as primer, this absolutely gives my skin a beautiful glow with a bit of sheer coverage - my foundation goes on top of this smoothly and lasts 8+ hours until I wash it off.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment