Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Primer Review: Milani Make It Last Original Natural Finish Setting Spray

Today's review will be for the Milani Make It Last Original Natural Finish Setting Spray

Availability: This retails anywhere from $11 - $18 and is available in both a 2.03 fl. oz. and 6 fl. oz. (177 mL) size. The price range encompasses both sizes. This is available at ulta.com, target.com, cvs.com, and walgreens.com along with select physical store locations as well as at milanicosmetics.com. 

Would I buy this?: I'm not sure yet.

What is this product designed to address?
According to milanicosmetics.com:
Spray, then slay! This long-wearing primer and setting spray from our Make it Last line will lock in your makeup to make touch-ups a thing of the past. Simply spray to freshly applied makeup to make it last all day ... and all night, too. Make It Last Prime + Correct + Set Setting Spray preps your face, reduces the appearance of imperfections and then locks in for the long haul. You can enjoy up to 16 hours without a crease or smudge in sight. Spray before or after makeup application, or wear it alone for a captivating natural finish. This product – and every other Milani product – is never tested on animals. We don’t allow others to test on our behalf, either. Our products are 100% cruelty free.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Niacinamide: Has anti-aging properties in the form of helping to boost collagen production and smoothing the look of fine lines. Also has skin brightening properties. 
Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract: Helps boost collagen and elastin production.
Citrullus Lanatus ( Watermelon) Fruit Extract: Has antioxidant properties.
Sodium Benzoate: Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Citrulline:Has anti-aging properties in the form of skin barrier protection.
Potassium Sorbate: Has antibacterial and antifungal properties. 

What is the texture like?
This has a refreshing, watery feel to it. 

Is it scented?
I would describe this as smelling floral and perfumy; it is neither subtle or overpowering.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
In terms of using this as a primer, I have to say that I don't love it because it doesn't smooth out any textural issues on my skin and I find that my under-eye area and upper cheekbones tend to look a bit cakey when I use this as my primer. That being said, my makeup does hold up really well throughout the day, even in hot and humid conditions so I will definitely continue to use this as a setting spray. It also feels really refreshing to apply which is a plus in the summertime. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment