Monday, July 17, 2023

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in Apple Mojito, Surfin USA, Sailor Kiss, Pop Idol, Full Moon Romance, Midnight Swim, Curacao Punch, and First Glance andThe SAEM BE01 - Gold Fizz , CR01 - Jack Rose, PK01 - Peach Rum, OR01 - Orange Parrot, BL01 - Blue Lagoon Eco Soul Glam Eyes

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag.

Here are the looks I did using the eyeshadows:




















So as you can see I created a bunch of colorful and neutral looks using these eyeshadows. I have been using the Decide Now! app and playing "Palette Roulette" as inspired by xsparkage and it's been so much fun and takes the guesswork out of figuring out which colors to use every day. I just roll 5 shades and work with them for the most part - sometimes I'll add a blending shade or highlight as necessary. I have neglected these shadows for a long time and honestly they're all so nicely pigmented and blend like a dream!!! I have really enjoyed busting them out this month and playing with them, I'm definitely holding on to it along with the beautiful glittery pigments - I love the metallic, foiled finish they provide and how technically they can be used on their own or to boost a look when applied over existing eyeshadow. Beautiful! The only thing I'll be passing along is Curacao Punch as it is very similar to Surfin USA, just slightly less pigmented.
Update as of 2023: Out of the shades I used, the only one I will be keeping is Mermaid Tail because with the rest I feel like they either don't blend as well as I would like for them to or I just don't reach for those particular shades because I have similar ones in my collection that I'm much more likely to reach for. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  I purchased everything you see myself with the except of Curacao Punch, which was a 100-point perk from Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment