Sunday, February 18, 2018

Highlighter Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit

BEHOLD the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Aurora
AvailabilityThis palette appears to have been discontinued.
Would I buy this again? Yes. 
NotesI'll describe each color as I get to it but a few things - firstly I wish it came with a mirror, this palette size and the way it stays open would work well with a mirror, so... there's that. That said I typically don't use mirrors in palettes so... All these shades are heavily frosted/glow-y/shimmery, it's not a glitter but they are somewhat metallic, so if you're not a fan of that this item is probably not up your alley. I think it's an excellent entry point into more colorful highlighters - and I'm a big advocate for color - but without the commitment of something too terribly "out there" as the shades give you a colorful glow in a subtle way and can be mixed with one another to tone each other down. 
Eclipse is described as a pink champagne pearl with a peach reflect. I'd describe this color as having a white gold base with an intense pink shift and gold micro-glitter which, in the pan, makes it look peachy. This color is what I wish highlighters with a pink pearl would be in that most of them come with cool-toned, or white, bases whereas I want something with warmth to it. This color is utter perfection in my opinion. 
Luna is described as a mother of pearl with an icy orchid reflect. I'd describe this as a soft silver with silver micro-glitter. 
Spectra is described as a sparkling lilac pearl with an iridescent blue-green reflect. This has a deep lilac base with an intense pink pearl and pink micro-glitter and while the "iridescent blue-green reflect" described on the site would be beautiful along with this it is nowhere to be found.  Overall this is the only shade in the palette that's a hint dark on my skin-tone - although I'm sure it's lovely on a deeper complexion - so I have to mix it in with one of the other colors to soften it out if I want to use it as a highlighter. 
Helia is described as a yellow gold pearl with a turquoise reflect. I'd say this is a greenish yellow with a warm golden pearl and pink micro-glitter, as in the above shade the "turquoise reflect" sounds lovely but simply isn't there. 
Orion is described as a blue pearl with a purple amethyst reflect. I would say this is an iridescent blue with silver-white micro-glitter. I honestly don't understand what lighting the person who wrote the descriptions was under because this has no amethyst reflect to speak of. 
Lyra is described as a rose gold pearl with a champagne orchid reflect. Generally speaking this is a slightly darker, albeit extremely similar, version of Eclipse and I'm not mad at it because they are my favorites in the palette. This is a soft gold base with a pink pearl (the pearl being softer than the one in Eclipse) and golden micro-glitter.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment