Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review

Happy 2014 folksickles. The year ended with me developing a wonderful second degree burn on my leg from hot tea. Fun!
We are on part 3 of the Naked trilogy. Please enjoy. 
Availability: This retails at $54 and is available at ulta.com, macys.com, jcpenney.com, nordstrom.com, sephora.com, and their respective physical store locations. It is also available at urbandecay.com.
Would I buy this again?: Possibly.
Notes: Alright so this was one I was torn on when I first saw promo photos but the moment bloggers released their swatches I KNEW it belonged in my life. This palette is truly unique in its premise that all its shadows are rose-toned. It's still incredibly neutral though, especially on someone like myself with a pink undertone. Most colors that are rosy but not fully pink/red tend to neutralize themselves on my skin because the pink in my skin absorbs the pink in them - if that makes sense. Like say you put a blackened green shadow over a black base, it'll look more green - same here. I think this is such a beautiful palette and is very versatile as well. If you like rose gold, this will definitely be up your alley. 
I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - this comes in the tin packaging just like the Naked 2. I really don't like how the back is wrinkled yet has a smooth section, it makes it look like it needs ironing. Other than that though, my feelings on the packaging are neutral.
This is my second favorite in the Naked collection. I think it provides so many beautiful, flattering looks and possibilities. 
I also have to tell you that each pan here is a .05 oz, the same as a full-sized Urban Decay eyeshadow which currently retail at $20 each. Meaning if you were to buy each shadow separately, the palette would cost you $240.
Without further ado, swatchfest!
Strange is described as a pale neutral pink-matte satin. To me it's a white with a pink undertone. It makes the PERFECT highlight for me. Love it!
Dust is described as a pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter. I'd describe it as a soft pink with an intense white pearl. 
Burnout is described as a light pinky-peach satin. I'm gonna go on ahead and agree with that.
Limit is described as a light dusty rose matte. Right on point. I thought I wasn't going to like the mattes in this palette but they're so pretty and unique. :D
Buzz is described as a metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter. It reminds me of a softened, almost pastel but not quite, cranberry color. The shimmer to me is more gold than it is silver.
Trick is described as a light metallic copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle. What in the world is "tonal" micro-sparkle?!? To me it's a copper-y, although mostly true rose gold. I concur though, rose gold is created by adding copper to gold. I love it. It's my favorite shade in the palette. Absolute gorgeousness.
Nooner is described as a medium pinky-brown matte. I'd describe it as a matte rosy taupe.
Liar is described as a medium metallic mauve shimmer. Yes, that's exactly what it is. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!
Factory is described as a pinky-brown satin. It's a gorgeous taupe-y mauve with rose gold micro-glitter.
Mugshot is described as a metallic taupe shimmer with slight pink shift. I'd describe it as taupe with an intense silver pearl and rosy undertone.
Darkside is described as a deep mauve taupe satin. Agreed. 
Blackheart is described as a smoky matte black with rosy red micro-sparkle. Possibly the most beautiful, unique and gorgeous color in the palette. It's indeed a matte black with rose and gold glitter (separately, not one rose-gold). Kind of makes me think of embers dancing around coal in a fire. So utterly beautiful! I want to do a smoky eye with it. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment