Thursday, January 9, 2014

Moisturizer Review: Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer.
Availability: At appears as though this has been discontinued.
Would I buy this?: I think I would. 
What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does:
What it is:
An intensive moisturizer, radiance booster, and wrinkle fighter. 
What it is formulated to do:
With its light, non-greasy texture, this exceptional cream moisturizes intensively, gives skin a subtle glow, and helps to prevent signs of aging. Its updated formula includes HydroSenn+, a natural ingredient proven to deliver immediate and long-lasting hydration more effectively than hyaluronic acid. Its light reflecting pigments give skin an instant glow while antioxidants help prevent future signs of aging. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
What else you need to know:
HydroSenn+ is a plant-derived ingredient that leaves skin feeling soft and luxuriously comfortable. This moisturizer is ideal of all skin types, non-comedogenic, and formulated without mineral oil. 
Research results:
In a study with 30 volunteers, after two hours 84%  observed a +14% moisturizing effect; after four hours, 93% observed a +15% moisturizing effect. In a test of 60 women, 92% reported a comfortable texture, 90% reported quick absorption, and 92% said it felt comfortable after application.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
From sephora.com:
-HydroSenn+: Moisturizes intensely. A polysaccharide derived from an Indian plant (cassia angustifolia), this ingredient forms a protective barrier on the skin's surface that is able to harness and retain water for optimal moisture that lasts all day long.

What is the texture like?
This reminds me of my beloved Lancome Energie de Vie except more intensely hydrating. It's like a very thick gel-cream yet is somehow very lightweight despite how deeply hydrating it is. I'm impressed. 

Is it scented?
It has a soft, clean, fresh scent. Almost like clean laundry but not "clean cotton," just very fresh. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I want to say that I wasn't expecting to like this in the slightest. When it comes to actual facial products or foundations I'm very picky, as you might've guessed if you actually read the blog. :P Anywho, I thought this was going to be a very thick cold-cream type thing and that it would just clog my pores and I'd have to find a way to use it or get rid of it. 
I was very pleasantly surprised by pretty much everything about it. It smells great, it feels lightweight and yet it moisturizes like a much, much heavier moisturizer would. The great part of that is you don't feel it sitting there on your skin, the moisture goes straight to work and keeps the skin feeling soft and smooth while giving it a gorgeous glow. This doesn't aggravate my eczema at all and really helps smooth out any rough texture. If you have dry skin I think you really need to try this. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. In no way, shape, or form am I obligated to mention it on here or am I getting something for mentioning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment