Monday, December 30, 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review

We are on part 2 of the Naked trilogy. Please enjoy. 
Availability: It appears that this has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: I'm INCREDIBLY torn on this one. 
Notes: This... I was enabled into buying this last week. Yes folks LAST WEEK exactly. How, you may ask... well let's all remember that I'm currently experiencing a neutral kick and I was under the influence... of my beautiful wife. "Get it," she told me; "you already have the other two and this one has a matte black, you always need a good matte black!" One cannot argue with such logic... or can they? The shade in question, Blackout, is available on its own... and come to think of it, so is Verve, the one I'd been lemming for from this palette. But then Chopper caught my eye with its coppery goodness. This also has Half Baked, my favorite gold and YDK, one of my favorite taupes... with that reasoning I'd be spending $100 on single shadows/dupes. Might as well get it... Right? 
I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - this comes in the tin packaging, that, other than having its title embossed on it is completely smooth all over. My feelings toward it are neutral. I don't love it, but it isn't flimsy in any way. 
Reasoning aside, and beautiful as it is and probably the most easily wearable for the set that likes their neutrals on the softer side of the spectrum... it's my least favorite of the three. Why? Because it's cool-toned. It isn't that I don't like silvers or taupes or think they look bad on me, quite the contrary, they're just not colors I'd grab over say, warmer toned colors. Hence I'm torn but I did buy it which should tell you I like it, and I do... but not as much as the other two. 
I also have to tell you that each pan here is a .05 oz, the same as a full-sized Urban Decay eyeshadow which currently retail at $20 each. Meaning if you were to buy each shadow separately, the palette would cost you $240. 
Without further ado, swatchfest!
Foxy is described as a creamy bisque with matte finish. To me it's a warm-toned off-white. Great matte highlight. Wish it was more neutral-toned but I make it work. 
Half Baked is described as a golden bronze with shimmering finish. OMFG it's not bronze at all! It's my favorite gold. It's neither too yellow or amber-y. I'd describe it as a the perfect gold color. 
Bootycall is described a shimmering cork. I'd describe it as a shimmery off-white. 
Chopper is described as a copper shimmer with silver microglitter. Yes, gorgeousness! Utter beautifulness!


Tease is described as a creamy pale brown with matte finish. It's a soft (although not pale) matte taupe. I apologize for not having swatches; I started using this as a brow powder and have completely used it all up because it was just the perfect brow shade for me no matter what my hair color happened to be at the time.
Snakebite is described as a dark bronze shimmer with metallic base. Agreed. 
Suspect is described as a pale golden beige with shimmering finish. It's a wheat shade, cool-toned gold which is gorgeous but rare to find. I love this kind of shade with my eye color.
Pistol is described as a light gray-brown with shimmering finish. It's a mid-tone taupe with a silver pearl.
Verve is described as a(n) oyster with shimmering finish. I love how they describe it as an oyster shade because I really couldn't find a proper word to describe this color. Beautiful!
YDK is described as a cool bronze shimmer with metallic base. I'd describe it as more of a cool-toned taupe kissed with copper. It's rather unique in being a somewhat rose-toned taupe and I like that. It's sooooooo beautiful. 
Busted is described as a deep brown with shimmering finish. Agreed. 
Blackout is described as a blackest black with matte finish. Perfect for smoky eyes or use as liner for those who want a softer line.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself with my own funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment