Friday, December 20, 2013

Moisturizer Review: Lancome Energie de Vie Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Cream

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for Lancome Energie de Vie Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Cream
Availability: This product retails at $55 for 1.7 fl oz (50 mL) and is available at sephora.com and its respective physical store locations along with lancomeusa.com.

Would I buy this?: Possibly

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does:
What it is:
An energizing cream that relieves dullness and revitalizes the skin. 
What it is formulated to do:
Inspired by the latest Chinese beauty rituals, Énergie de Vie Cream is a daily moisturizing, lightweight, yet nourishing texture that melts into skin to soften, refine, and boost radiance. It gives skin a jolt of energy, resulting in a healthy-looking glow. Use it as the second step in the Énergie de Vie regimen to hydrate and visibly reduce signs of fatigue after rejuvenating skin with Énergie de Vie Lotion. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 
What else you need to know:
Énergie de Vie Cream is infused with three root extracts inspired by traditional Chinese rituals. One of the most active parts of a plant, roots hold an extraordinary reserve of life. This product has been dermatologically tested, tested under ophthalmological control, and tested on sensitive skin. 
Research results:
- In 1 week, skin looked more radiant 
In consumer self-assessments after 4 weeks of use: 
- 79% of women felt their skin looked less tired

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture of this as a nourishing gel-cream. It hydrates beautifully and assists in relieving my eczema patches but it feels like nothing on the skin which I absolutely love. It's one of the very few products that hydrates my skin perfectly without being heavy which I find is a difficult balance to achieve. 

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Again, to quote from sephora.com:
-Rhodiola: Energizes. 
-Gentian: Contains antioxidant properties. 
-Wild Yam: Nourishes. 

Is it scented?
To me this has a really green scent combined with a soft white floral that I can't place. It isn't my favorite but I find it dissipates quickly once I apply it.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Honestly I feel like I don't really suffer from a dullness issue unless I stop exfoliating my skin for some reason or I am severely sleep-deprived. That said, I really like dullness-relief or brightening beauty products. I love the glow they give and how they seem to nourish the skin while they're at it. Many of them smell amazing too although I don't find that the case with this. It's not that I don't like the scent, it's that I don't love it either. Lol. 
Due to my eczema conditions my main things I look for in a moisturizer are that it moisturizers well without being heavy because heavy things tend to break me out and things that aren't properly nourishing aggravate my eczema. This strikes a really wonderful balance.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. In no way, shape, or form am I obligated to speak about this at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment