Thursday, October 1, 2020

September 2020 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P


Sheet Masks Galore:
Saborino Night Mask in Chamomile Orange: Alright, I know you're used to me using a bunch of sheet masks and the reason I haven't been reviewing them the way I used to is because there's a whopping 28 masks in this container. Now, it's designed to be used for a minute before bed but that's not how I do so I decided to see what would happen if I used them as I normally do with a sheet mask - as in, after whatever treatment mask I'm using, for about 20 minutes. This approach still worked great but seeing others' reviews the one minute thing works. I just think it's a waste because the mask remains moist for the full 20 minutes, why not give your skin that time to make friends with the serum. These masks aren't my favorite because they're a bit small and thin. That said, if you have a more petite face and perhaps more combination or oily skin, these might be up your alley. They're a great deal.
A'pieu Air Pocket Sheet Mask in Coconut Milk: Ugh you know I LOVE these masks so much. In comparison to the above mask, this is so much thicker and more silky (the sheet mask itself). It left my skin feeling super silky and hydrated.  
A'pieu Real Big Yogurt One Bottle Yogurt Sheet Mask in Blueberry x2: This mask is hydrating and leaves my skin feeling super refreshed (the serum here is thick but watery), soft, and smooth. That said, the mask itself is this thin, almost gelatinous material that isn't my favorite. 

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills False Lashes in Domina x2: Damn Anastasia Beverly Hills and their being in hot water because I genuinely love these lashes but I cannot find it in me to continue giving money to brands that constantly get themselves in controversies and don't take steps to publicly apologize and make things right. Anyway, like I said, I really did love these lashes and I'm sad to have used up the two pairs that I had. They gave my eyes a really pretty fluttery flirty look. 

3. Bath & Body Works Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel in Love & Sunshine: This has a really pretty citrusy floral scent that's light and refreshing. I really loved it for my morning showers. 

4. dermalogica biolumin-c eye serum: This is a lightweight yet hydrating eye serum that did a nice job of giving my under-eye a radiant appearance. I feel like it truly did brighten up the area and help with darkness over time but that said, my under-eye area is hardly ever significantly super dark so I can't say how effective this would be for someone suffering from really bad darkness. 

5. Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Mint: This is a scrubby scrub so if you like to really feel the exfoliation or you have a lot of texture on your skin - whether from dry, flaky conditions or hair this is a really good option to really refresh and smooth out your skin's texture. 

6beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover:  I feel like initially this worked pretty decently but at this point it's taking forever to remove even simple nail polish so it's time to toss it. 

7. skinfix eczema Targeted Body Balm: You know this is my go-to product for treating my eczema patches. While this can take up to a month of consistent use to get results I find that it completely clears up the patches which I'm all about. 

8. Peter Thomas Roth Hair to Die for Hair Treatment: Honestly I feel like this worked just ok and I'm unsure if it's because I've held onto the bottle for ages before I finally used the product. Anyway, it's meant to help with hair thickness and growth and I find that it sort of enhanced the thickness of my hair in the areas I was putting it in but not by a lot - not enough where I feel like I could justify purchasing more. 

9. Fourth Ray Beauty Clean Slate Foaming Exfoliator: This is a decent exfoliator that foams up on contact with water. By decent I mean that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth the way an exfoliator should. That said this has an incredibly strong, lingering, anise/licorice scent that I am not a big fan of. I will not be purchasing this again. 

10. Shop Miss A Paw Paw Microfiber Wonder Blender Sponge: This is a decent makeup sponge - it's soft and does a great job of blending out foundation, concealer... essentially all face makeup with the exception of powder - it's great for laying down powder on the under-eye area and under the nose though. I'm not sure that I felt that the microfiber gave me better coverage or enhanced blending in any way. 

11. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: These are great multipurpose wipes - as I always say, I like to use them to wipe down surfaces, especially when I'm cleaning my makeup, but I also use them to disinfect when I go to the laundromat by sprinkling them with alcohol. I love that they come with 100 wipes so a package lasts a good while. 

12. Softsoap Citrus Splash & Berries Moisturizing Body Wash: This is alright for shaving the legs - it smells wonderful but isn't as hydrating as I personally like. 

13. WISHFUL Yo Glow Enzyme Scrub: This is one of those scrubs that you're meant to apply to dry skin that will then cause both excess dead skin and product residue to come rolling off the skin. I find that it works ok but is extremely fragranced to the point of, to me, being unpleasant to use.

14. Skinceuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2: This is a really nice, intensive moisturizer.

15. Tree Hut 24-Hour Intense Hydrating Shea Body Butter: I really loved using this body butter - it's hydrating and leaves my skin feeling super soft and silky; it smells really nice too. I wish it was more hydrating on the soles of my feet but I feel like I say that about everything. 

16. Sugarpill Liquid Lip Color in Trifle: Frankly this color is pasty on me and gives me zombie lips, under normal circumstances I would've passed it along to a friend but it smells like wet paint - I think it just went bad but... it's just nasty. 

17. innisfree Nourishing Cream with Canola Honey : This is a really moisturizing cream that I enjoyed using at nighttime. It smells nice and leaves my skin baby soft. 

18. love beauty and planet sulfate free shampoo scrub: I wish this stuff was more intensely scrubby - it was very gentle in a way that I felt was fairly ineffective and has a gelatinous texture that I can only describe as being odd. I really wanted to love this but I doubt I'll be picking it up again. 

19. Oribe Priming Lotion Leave-In Conditioner Detangler: This is a great hydrating styling cream/leave-in conditioner. I felt like it added a nice boost of moisture to the ends of my hair while also leaving my hair more smooth and sleek/preventing fly-aways. 

20. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel with Sunscreen SPF 15: While I wish this had a higher SPF level I really liked its lightweight gel texture and how it doesn't have that heavy, sticky feeling that traditional sunscreens tend to have. 

21. Bath & Body Works PocketBac in At The Beach: Well, folks I've been a loyal user of hand sanitizer but nowadays I don't even need an explanation of why I have it. This has a coconut-y scent to it. 

22. Creme de La Mer the moisturizing cool gel cream: This is a nice, lightweight, fast-absorbing version of the La Mer cream and is my favorite formulation because it provides me with lots of hydration in a way that my skin absorbs - I hate when things sit on my skin and I feel like the traditional Creme de La Mer does just that. 

23. Maya Chia Supercritical Omega-3 Chia Face Oil: As you may have seen in last month's favorites I absolutely LOVE this face oil. It smells beautiful, feels luxurious when you're applying it, and leaves my skin looking radiant and feeling buttery. I think it's a worthwhile item to look into if you want to treat yourself to a genuinely wonderful face oil. 

24. innisfree intensive hydrating serum with green tea seed: While I wouldn't describe the degree of hydration this gave me to be "intensive" I find that it did give a nice boost of hydration to my skin, especially when used in combination with the face oil I mentioned above. 

25. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: This is another lightweight moisturizing cream. I will say that it's got more of a cream texture and isn't gel-like. That said, it's thin, hydrating, and quick-absorbing which I appreciate. 

26. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This has a really yummy mango scent to it.

27. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Pomegranate Acai: Yes, another one! You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This has a scent that's reminiscent of sweet tarts.

28. LUSH American Cream Shower Gel: The girl at LUSH gave this to me to try out with my last purchase and... it's alright, it was very bubbly and left my skin feeling clean and soft, the little tub lasted me three uses. That said, it's an overall floral scent with a powdery note and the powdery note is something that I don't love. It was nice to try but I won't be purchasing it.

29. Lume Deodorant in Jasmine Rose: I've raved about this before so this should be nothing new - this is a really great natural deodorant. Be aware though that it won't stop you from sweating and there is about a week long adjustment period during which you'll smell... sweaty. It smells nice though and I would recommend this to someone who's looking for a natural deodorant and has sensitive underarms. 

30. Face Values Pure Castile Soap in Coconut: This doesn't really have a coconut scent but I purchased it to wash my brushes with and it does a good job of leaving them clean and soft. That said, I still use my beautyblender soap for brushes that I've used cream products with, as that soap breaks down cream and liquid makeup better than this does.

31. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This has a really pretty soft floral rose note to it.

32. Maya Chia The Eye Achiever Multi-Correctional Eye Serum: Due to this being oil-based I found it to be super hydrating. This also gave my under-eye area a beautiful radiance and luminosity. 

33. Maya Chia The Straight A Advanced Gentle Retinol Treatment: Folks when they call this gentle they aren't playing with you. If you are looking to invest in a retinol and you have skin that's sensitive and/or dry... well this is it. In the past I'd avoid retinol because my skin would always be iffy - I'd get inflammation or flakiness when I used retinols in the past but not so with this. It does everything a retinol should - makes your skin radiant, smooths the skin's surface, it's supposed to help your skin look more youthful and over time help clear out the pores also (I can't say that happened as the pouch didn't have much applications in it). I was able to use this nightly without any adverse effects. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the dermalogica, Jack Black, WISHFUL, Skinceuticals, Oribe, innisfree, Neutrogena, La Mer, Maya Chia, Caudalie, and LUSH  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment