Sunday, November 1, 2020

October 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
A'pieu Air Pocket Sheet Mask in Coffee Milk x2: Ugh you know I LOVE these masks so much. In fact this scent is my very favorite! It genuinely smells like a cafĂ© au lait. It left my skin feeling super silky and hydrated.  

2. LUSH American Dream Shower Gel: The girl at LUSH gave me this as a sample because I spoke to her of my love for Rose Jam and said it was similar. I will say it has a similar underlying scent note but is nowhere near as good as Rose Jam.

3. Dove glowing mango butter & almond butter Nourishing Body Wash: I'm back on the Dove friends and I absolutely love this for shaving - it's super hydrating so it gives your razor a good glide and it smells absolutely wonderful!

4. esfolio Pumpkin Moisture Soothing Cleansing: This is a hydrating, gentle cleanser that I really enjoyed using. It left my skin feeling clean without being stripped. 

5. Tree Hut Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion in Tropical Mango: This smells delicious and left my skin feeling silky and smooth. I prefer their body butters as they're richer and therefore my hydrating but if you need something thinner these body lotions are great!

6Overtone Pastel Teal Daily Conditioner:  Lol daily... Whoops. So I was using this weekly as a color refresh and frankly found that, because I haven't had my hair touched up since last December that, over time, using this, it took on a more silvery blue look than being minty... at least in comparison to my roots. Overall I think it would be best at maintaining pastel hair rather than trying to have a vivid shade fade out. It does a wonderful job of hydrating the hair and leaving it feeling silky. 

7. LUSH Elbow Grease Moisturizing Balm: Another thing that I desperately wanted to work on my dry soles and heels but alas... my skin sort of sucked up all the moisture and left me with a weird waxy residue. I just didn't love the texture of this product overall and maybe it would be creamier in a full size versus the sample jar but I am just not compelled to purchase it.

8. A'Pieu Soft Foot 30 Minute Peeling Socks: Honestly I didn't love these. I was thinking that maybe if I soaked my feet prior to using them and post using them, as I do with my beloved patchology one, that the peeling would increase or be better. That said, this didn't really have much peeling occur even in areas that I know have dead skin. The results were rather lackluster and I won't be purchasing this again. 

9. innisfree green tea balancing skin EX: I really enjoyed this toner because it added a nice boost of hydration to my skin - making my skin feeling soft and smooth. It also has a yummy green tea scent. 

10. Trish McEvoy Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Enriched Hand Cream: I used this on my feet and legs rather than my hands mostly because if I don't utilize creams that way, where I need them, I don't ever end up using hand cream. Anyway, this was really effective at hydrating and it smells really yummy as well -it's got a scent that I find cozy and reminds me of berry oatmeal. 

11. beauty 360 Refreshing Cleansing Towelettes: These worked pretty good as a makeup wipe but given that I stick mostly to using my Makeup Eraser I just didn't use these that often and they dried out a bit.

12. Anastasia Beverly Hills False Lashes in Dreamy x3: These are a really beautiful pair of fluttery, slightly wispy lashes that get me loads of compliments. I think they add a nice oomph to eye looks but aren't so gigantic that they take focus away from the eyeshadow looks I do.

13. Skinceuticals H.A. Intensifier: As far as hyaluronic acid serums go this isn't my favorite. It's oddly goopy and thick and I know that a lot of hyaluronic serums tend to have a gelatinous goopy texture but this is more goopy than most others I've tried. It does a decent job of adding hydration to my skin and making it feel refreshed but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this.

14. Formula X For Sephora Serendipity Effects Top Coat: This was a really fun top coat that looked beautiful paired with darker or more neutral polishes but unfortunately it's just all dried up and clumpy now. 

15. coxir Intensive EGF Peptide Cream: I really loved using this little sample - this cream has a lovely refreshing gel cream texture that provides my skin with a good amount of hydration and leaves my skin feeling smooth, silky, and soft. I'd definitely consider purchasing a full size of this. 

16. Colourpop Just A Tint Crayon in The Strand : You know I LOVE these so much. They're very silky and moisturizing while also giving the lips a nice hint of color. This one is a soft neutral rose. 

17. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Lime: I haven't had this scent in a while and really enjoy the way it smells. You know this is another product that I adore and keep repurchasing because it's really scrubby and works well to  to make my skin softer and smoother as well as to give me a closer shave. 

18. SuperNail Cuticle Softener & Remover: Overall this worked decently as a cuticle softener but I found that it was very liquid-y and had the tendency to just drip all over the place which made it a mess to use. 

19. Colourpop Purple Prose BFF Volumizing Mascara: This was a really fun mascara to use and worked really well under my falsies because it gave my lashes a pop of purple. People would ask if I had blue or purple mascara on. I also really loved using this in conjunction with pink eyeshadow palettes because this purple shade complimented the pinks beautifully. It did a fairly decent job of giving my lashes a bit of length and volume.

20. Lash Star Visionary Lash Adhesive: This does a fairly decent job of keeping my lashes glued through the day. I don't love that it leaves a hard to remove residue on my lashes when I remove my falsies and if the residue gets into my eyes they get irritated. Kind of the nature of the beast when it comes to lash glue, especially the paint-on variety but I feel it's worth noting. 

21. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner:  I really love this eyeliner - it creates beautiful precise lines, is richly black, has a good ink flow, and the bristles on it hug the lash-line and make lining the eyes easy to do. That said, I find that toward the end of its lifespan (about 3 months) it starts acting funny - whether that means sputtering ink or the brush beginning to fray... it's annoying. In theory it can last longer than three months because the ink flow doesn't dry out, I personally am prone to irritated eyes from allergies and eye sensitivity so I choose to be strict with discarding liquid eyeliner and mascaras every three months but alas. 

22. Indie Lee Whipped Body Butter: I really LOVE whipped textures on body items because they're airy, soft, and velvety in texture and they also just melt into the skin. This made my legs feel super soft and smooth. Definitely a luxury item, but one that's nice to have or to give as a gift.

23. Moroccanoil Treatment Light: This is a great lightweight hydrating oil, in particular for my hair's ends, which are pretty dead right now. It makes my hair feel silky and look shiny. It's another item that I feel isn't necessarily a must have but is nice to have for myself. I definitely like using it. In addition, I believe I've mentioned in the past that I personally don't care for the scent of Moroccanoil but it's not that strong in this product, thankfully. 

24. m-61 PowerGlow Moisturizer x2: I'm kind of meh about this honestly, it's not as hydrating as I want a moisturizer to be and it's kind of tingly. I feel like the glycolic in here also makes my skin purge as I broke out quite a bit when I first started using this. 

25. Viral Hybrid Colorditioner with BondFix: Honestly if you have some kind of vivid, vibrant haircolor and need something for upkeep both the shampoo and conditioner are absolutely fantastic. The last time I had my hair dyed blue was last December but due to this I still have some blue in my hair and I've been told that blue is a shade that comes out easily so all I can say is this stuff works.

26. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: Folks I swear by this stuff as a spot treatment for when I have breakouts. I feel like it does a fantastic job of just drawing out the gunk out of the pore fairly quickly without drying the skin out or making it form that yucky crust. 

27.Skinceuticals Resveratrol B E: Ok so I can't really talk about the results that this gives because it's supposed to prevent aging. In addition, I found this sample to be so thick, goopy, and overall what felt like it would be pore-clogging due to its heaviness on my skin that I didn't enjoy it at all. 

28. Radiance Dream Essential Oil Blend: Overall this smells fairly decent due to the citrus notes in here but there's something earthy that makes me overall not a fan of it. 

29. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt: I feel like I've mentioned in the past how much I love this product and genuinely consider it the best scalp scrub I've ever tried. It is extremely scrubby so it really takes off any dandruff and buildup around the hair roots. It also foams and suds up so it subs in for a shampoo. In addition, despite it being salt, I find that there are enough hydrating ingredients added to this to where it doesn't feel drying when I rinse it out of my hair. Despite that I like to follow up with a rich conditioner. 

30. Indie Lee Daily Vitamin Infusion: I found this to be a really wonderfully nourishing oil serum. 

31. LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel:  You know I love this shower gel SO MUCH - it's an absolute joy to use this every morning. It smells so wonderful and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth. 

32. Garnier Whole Blends Gentle Shampoo: I don't have this pictured as my mom threw it away when it was emptied but this is a really lovely gentle shampoo that leaves the hair feeling soft and weightless/fluffy. This does have sulfates in it so it's not super ideal for color or otherwise chemically treated hair though. 

33. NARS Hollywoodland Velvet Shadow Stick: This is a beautiful soft gold eyeshadow stick that made a really great base underneath all of my neutral eyeshadows.

34. Sol Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream: You already know I just LOVE this stuff so much - it smells delicious and is super silky and hydrating. The only thing I don't love is its price point. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the LUSH. Trish McEvoy, coxir, m-61 PowerGlow Moisturizer, Indie Lee, Moroccanoil, NARS, Sol Janeiro and Skinceuticals  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment