Friday, September 11, 2020

August 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P
1. Celeb Luxury Viral Extreme Teal Colorwash: This is a great vivid teal, color depositing shampoo - it does a great job of cleansing the hair while also depositing color. 

2.  innisfree brightening & pore-caring serum: This serum felt really refreshing to apply but I don't find that it did anything particularly special for my skin in terms of brightening or pore-care.

3Youth to the People Spirulina + Microalgae Kale Spinach Mask: I really like that this mask is designed to be deep cleaning yet also nourishing for the skin. A lot of deep cleaning masks tend to just dry me out so this was a nice change.

4. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Mocha & Coffee Bean:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. I LOVE this scent for my morning shower because not only does the scrubbing action wake me up but this yummy coffee scent does too.

5. berkley jensen Unscented Baby Wipes: I personally love baby wipes to wipe surfaces with, especially my makeup and these are fantastic because they come in a 100-pack so it lasts a long time before you have to go grab for another one. I'm sure that would be convenient for those of you with babies. They're also really good quality and are well-saturated. 

6Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash:  This smells absolutely incredible and I was using it to shave my legs. I don't find it to be all that moisturizing though, possibly because it's a gel-based formulation.

7. Oribe Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray: Truth be told I hardly ever use heat styling tools on my hair. I really liked the burst of moisture this gave my hair though and I appreciate that it didn't weigh my hair down.

8. Johnson's Bedtime Lotion: Unfortunately this wasn't really all that hydrating. It has a nice scent to it and it goes on smoothly but I wish it had more hydration to it.

9. Makeup Geek Elegant Full False Lashes: These are really fun spiked lashes.

10. Anastasia Beverly Hills False Lashes in Domina: These are such a fun pair of slightly spiky, slightly wispy, long lashes. They add such pretty, fluttery drama to my eyes.

11. Chaos Makeup in Golden Rose: Unfortunately this smells like it went off so I'm discarding it.

12.Darphin Intral Redness Relief Serum:  I don't really find that this does much for my redness but feels refreshing on the skin.

13. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Joia Smoothing Shampoo: I got this as a sample and OMG it smells incredible - as their products do (to me) and I found that this shampoo made my hair feel super soft and smooth. Plus the scent lingers in my hair and reactivates when I ruffle my hair up... I absolutely love it!

14. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Joia Smoothing Conditioner: Much like the shampoo, this is super hydrating and leaves my hair smelling phenomenal.

15. Tree Hut Black Sugar Scrub in Charcoal:  You folks know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This does have a charcoal-ish scent to it that I don't personally enjoy.

16. Tocca Stella Eau de Parfum: This is a nice citrusy perfume.

17. Creme de La Mer the moisturizing soft lotion: This felt so lovely on my skin and absorbed quickly, leaving my skin super soft and supple.

18. Clinique Pep-Start Guava Pout Perfecting Lip Balm: This smells like it's gone really off.

19. Tocca Florence Eau de Parfum: This is a really clean, earthy, green scent. I like it but I don't find that it's one I'd go out and purchase.

20. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: As you can tell I keep repurchasing these - they're a great spot treatment that really helps reduce the redness and swelling of acne while drawing all that nasty puss and bacteria to the top.

21. dermalogica retinol clearing oil:  I have mixed feelings on retinol as I've had dryness and irritation happen from it in the past. That said, because this is an oil, I find that it hydrated my skin so I didn't really get dry. I did notice more radiant skin when I was using the sample.

22. Creme de La Mer the moisturizing soft cream: This feels a tad bit too heavy for my skin.

23. innisfree nourishing mist with canola honey: This was a really nice smelling refreshing mist. I find that it smells floral but not like honey.

24. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Cologne: This is a lightweight, soft scent.

25. Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne: This is a lightweight, soft scent as well, a bit earthy compared to the one above.

26. Clinique Pep-Start Cherry Pout Perfecting Lip Balm: This smells like it's gone off.

27. Tocca Gia Ea de Parfum: You know I absolutely LOVE this perfume and I was happy to wear it but sad to have used it all up.

28. Maya Chia The Revitalizer Beautifying Body Oil: This truly is such a wonderful hydrating oil (alas, not hydrating enough for the soles of my feet) that absorbs quickly - I used it after shaving my legs and it made my skin feel lovely.

29. Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser: This is a nice basic foaming cleanser that had my skin feeling soft and clean.

30.Skinceuticals Resveratrol B E: I feel like this didn't really do anything for me but I also feel like this is one of those things that, because it's so heavily anti-oxidant based, is a product you have to keep using for years to see if it prevents further aging.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Youth to the People, Oribe, Jonson's, Chaos Makeup, Darphin, Sol de Janeiro, Tocca, La Mer, Clinique, innisfree (serum), Jo Malone, Maya Chia, Korres, and Skinceuticals  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment