Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Mask Review: Compliment Lavender and Blueberry Clay Face Mask

 'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Compliment Clay Face Mask in Lavender and Blueberry.

Availability: I can't seem to find a retailer online for this, but I bought it at my local Russian-speaking pharmacy for $5.99 for 80 ml.

Would I buy this again? Possibly.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to the packaging (note: I edited my translation for enhanced grammar):
Active mask for the face: enriched with natural violet clay, blueberry extract, and lavender oil. Suitable for sensitive skin. It delicately cleanses, tones, enhances/improves elasticity, restores cellular hydration, and promotes skin strengthening (I'm assuming the mean barrier function here).

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to the packaging:
Kaolin Violet Clay: A type of kaolin clay that is mineral-rich; has anti-aging, detoxing (I'm assuming this means it's deep-cleansing), skin-smoothing, and exfoliating properties.
Glycerin: Has humectant properties, draws moisture into the skin.
Stearic Acid: Has hydrating, anti-inflammatory, cleansing, and skin barrier strengthening properties.  
Sweet Almond Oil: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Blueberry Fruit Extract: Has antioxidant, hydrating, collagen-boosting, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lavender Essential Oil: Has antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.

What is the texture like?
I would describe this mask's texture as being a soft clay mask, it does dry out a bit but it doesn't set to that very tight, somewhat dehydrating sensation that traditional clay masks tend to have. 

Is this scented?
I would describe this scent as a blueberry yogurt with lavender, both scents are fairly prominent and remain on the face even after washing the mask off.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Personally, as someone with dry skin that can be sensitive or get inflamed easily but who also struggles with sebaceous filaments that aren't super prominent but bother me, this mask sounded very much up my alley. I was shocked when I washed this off and my skin felt soft and hydrated because I never have that sensation with clay masks. Even ones that don't dry down to a tight, dry feel, will leave my face feeling maybe deep-cleansed and a bit stripped but never outright hydrated. Additionally, I noticed there was increased skin clarity after I used this, as in, my skin had a very health-looking natural glow to it. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment