Tuesday, January 2, 2024

December 2023 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in December :) 
1. Hourglass Blush in Sublime Flush: This blush is just absolutely gorgeous! It blends into my skin seamlessly and gives a beautiful brightening effect that I think works nicely with any look that I do. I am really loving it!
2. Hoozuki no Reitetsu (Hoozuki's Coolheadedness): It has been an absolute age since I've brought up any shows on here and, frankly, it's because most of what I've watched has been cringy garbage that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. When Hoozuki came upon my list, I wasn't expecting much and was  just so pleasantly surprised by this show! If things like hell, Japanese pop culture and folklore, perhaps Chinese folklore, and somewhat unhinged humor are up your alley, I would absolutely recommend checking this show out. I am genuinely devastated that I've finished it because now I'm going to really miss Hozuki and co. 

3. In The Flesh: Wow, two shows?!? Honestly, this is one I've rewatched recently and really enjoyed it. I'm so sad it was never given the continuation it deserves because it ended on such a cliffhanger and from my understanding it never received further funding. Arguably, the characters aren't as charming and loveable as many from Hoozuki but there are still characters here who I got attached to and that I'm sad to leave. I'm sure you can gather from the above show poster that it's about zombies, but well, it's about zombies so obviously if you're not into that this show would be a skip for you. That being said, I am not a fan of the zombie genre and found this show to be very well-written and compelling enough to the point where I've watched it several times.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: The Hourglass palette was provided for testing purposes, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment