Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Moisturizer Review: Bioderma Sebium Shine-Control Moisturizer

Today's review will be for the Bioderma Sebium Shine-Control Moisturizer


AvailabilityThis retails between $19.99 - $24 for 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) is available at walgreens.com along with some of its respective physical  store locations as well as bioderma.com and dermstore.com.

Would I buy this?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?
According to bioderma.com:
Sébium MAT Control is a moisturizing product with 8-hour MAT & SMOOTH Technology: instant, deep down results for naturally beautiful skin.
Biologically regulates shine (zinc, vitamin B6), refines skin texture and tightens pores (keratolytic active ingredients and astringent), limits the appearance of blemishes (Fluidactiv patented complex).
The Fluidactiv patented complex biologically regulates sebum quality and provides lasting protection against blocked pores, which can cause blemishes
The Matifying smoothing treatment
This 8-hour Mat & Smooth Technology treatment acts on the skin to biologically regulate shine, refine the skin texture and tighten pores. TheFluidactiv™ patented complex regulates the sebum quality and also prevents the appearance of blemishes.
A multi-action treatment: Hydrating – Matifying – Smoothing
Instant visible effectiveness for 8 hours
Continuous effectiveness within 7 days
Even for sensitive skin
Works with make-up
Fresh and pleasant-to-use texture is quickly absorbed and leaves skin feeling comfortable
Skin is instantly enhanced. Skin is transformed, day after day
Fragranced
Does not clump
Excellent skin tolerance
Non-comedogenic
Dermatologically tested

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Other than those mentioned above this also contains:
Glycerin: A humectant that draws moisture into the skin
Mushroom Extract: (fommes officinalis) Has astringent and pore-tightening properties. 

What is the texture like?
I'd say that this has a very watery, lightweight texture.

Is it scented?
This has a clean, fresh, cucumber-y scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Frankly I'm surprised with this product because both in ingredients and texture it's designed for oily skin. I'm fairly experimental with products, as you know, so I decided to give it a try because, at the end of the day, if it dried out my skin within one use, I'd stop using it. But alas, it feels like nothing on my skin yet leaves it feeling silky and hydrated. I am shook. I will say that I layer this (and all my other moisturizers) on top of serum and oil, so that may be why I still find that it gives me enough hydration. That said, I really like this and think it's fantastic for the summertime.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a gift with purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment