Thursday, February 11, 2016

LUSH Soap Review: Miranda

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for Miranda Soap.
Availability: This appears to have been discontinued.

Would I buy this again?: Doubt it.

What is this product designed to address?
According to lushusa.com this is what the product is and what it does:
A fresh fruit salad of a soap, each green piece of sudsy delight is packed with enough fruit inside and out to fill your basket (and then some!). We make each batch of Miranda by hand with fresh, organic kiwi fruit to gently cleanse, tone, and brighten your skin. We add in gorgeous bergamot for its soothing, orange-scented effects. To clear up congested skin and to refresh weary spirits we blend in ylang ylang and juniper berry. Simply fruit-tastic, it’s the perfect way to start your day!

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to the lovely lushusa.com the star ingredient in here is the
Fresh Kiwi Fruit (Actinidia chinensis) The action of actinidin will break down protein-based, dead skin cells and dirt on the skin. This can then be removed, leaving the skin fresh and clean. The other vitamins and minerals in the fruit are highly nutritious for the skin. This cleansing and nourishing process is achieved by using the fruit fresh, mulched straight in to the product. The vitamin content greatly improves skin condition.
This also contains:
Glycerin, rapeseed oil, and coconut oil to hydrate the skin.
Ylang ylang, bergamot, myrrh, juniper berry, and gardenia extracts for scent.

What is the texture like?
This soap feels like a really straightforward cleansing soap that doesn't foam all that well but cleans ok without the foaming element.

Is it scented?
Ok so... I find that in this particular soap, although it has a base of kiwi, it smells very strongly of myrrh and juniper with a very slight hint of kiwi that comes through after the fact. The scent is strong, smoky, almost peppery. It smells very close to blue mist hookah to me, which isn't a bad thing but I don't know that I personally want to smell smoky.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I have to say this soap is just not for me for several reasons. Firstly the smell is like... I can tolerate it and use it up but I don't LOVE it and for the price of these I'd have to love something to rebuy it. I use this as a hand-soap and I like to use solid soaps for that purpose only... I tend to prefer a liquid for showering purposes so, I felt like I'd point that out as it might affect how you feel about purchasing it in the future. That said, I know a lot of more naturally-based soaps don't foam but I happen to like foam in my soap... sodium cocoate is a foaming agent derived from coconut oil... it's natural, and you can use it to get your soap to foam... for the price that it is I don't see why not... I just have to throw that out there. So many people seem to love Lush and I was very excited to try them out but honestly, so far, I'm underwhelmed.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided as a sample with purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment