Saturday, July 18, 2020

June 2020 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of June :) To be honest I've been testing so many products this past month that nothing comes to mind as a certain favorite other than this one product so:
1. Lume Deodorant in Jasmine Rose: Frankly friends, I think this may have been the first product I decided to try out because Facebook constantly showed me ads for it and here it is, making it to favorites. Granted, I know one of my friends tried it and really loved it and I trust this friend's opinion on product so I knew she wouldn't sway me wrong. Anyhow, let's get on with why I love this so much - I've tried to use "natural" deodorants in the past, not because I have anything against run of the mill deodorant - you know I was a Secret loyalist - mostly because I KNEW that all their solids worked well for me and didn't irritate my pits. I was skeptical going into using this for two reasons - one is that in the past natural deodorants simply didn't work, everything would be fine when I first put them on and then a few hours later, due to them not having anti-antiperspirant properties I'd sweat up a storm and stink. It's no good when you smell your own pit stench! In addition, baking-soda based deodorants reduced my poor pits to sweaty, rashy, angry bits 'o meat. Lume actually works! Now when I say it works - the first few days on it, I was a bit sweaty and stinky, so there is a bit of an adjustment period. However, within a week, the smell was gone. Now I'm not gonna lie to y'all, you still sweat, maybe not as profusely as you would sans deodorant completely, but this doesn't block your sweat glands. I'm typically not so profusely sweaty that it's an issue but if you are, I can see this not being ideal. I've been using this for about a month and a half now and even when I do sweat quite a bit because it's hot out, I hardly smell at all. You need only a tiny bit of this to coat your pits nicely - now, I suggest you buy the tube. My friend suggested the tube to me too - but ya girl didn't listen. It's just that the stick is pointless. The product is gelatinous and you're only meant to use a tiny bit of it - enough to just create a thin coating on your pit - so the stick does nothing other than become a smeary mess. Also it smells exactly what it sounds like, legitimate jasmine with legitimate rose, nothing artificial - which personally I love, I was a little apprehensive ordering this but I wanted something scented and historically, I've enjoyed both jasmine and rose-scented items so I decided to give it a shot. Lastly, NO RESIDUE. None. At all. Which means you can wear all your black/dark clothes with confidence that not only will you not have deodorant show, but you won't have those weird deodorant stains either. Plus, because you only need so little, this will last you forever, so don't be put off by it being a lot pricier than deodorant at the drugstore. I love it so much and to be honest I'm curious to try out their bar soap now because I'm hearing good things about it as well.

Disclaimer: I paid for the product mentioned above myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment