Monday, June 22, 2020

Serum Review: Caudalie Vinopure Skin Perfecting Serum

Caudalie Vinopure Skin Perfecting Serum

AvailabilityThis is available at bluemercury.com, sephora.com, urbanoutfitters.com, jcpenney.com, and macy's.com as well as their physical store locations along with us.caudalie.com, shop.goop.com, violetgrey.com, and dermstore.com. The retail pricing is $49 for 30 ml (1 oz.)

Would I buy this? Maybe. 

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to sephora.com:
What it is: A pore-diminishing gel serum powered by 100 percent natural salicylic acid to address blackheads, pores, breakouts, and excess oil.
Skin Type: Combination and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Pores, Dullness and Uneven Texture, Acne and Blemishes
Formulation: Lightweight Serum
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan.
What Else You Need to Know: Formulated with natural salicylic acid, grape seed antioxidants, and a complex of essential oils, this ultra-light yet potent serum purifies pores, zaps blemishes, and purges excess oil and blackheads. It targets the most stubborn pimples, flushes out excess oil, and clarifies clogged pores.
This product in an Allure Best of Beauty award winner.
Clinical Results: In a clinical self-evaluation test of 30 volunteers, after 28 days of twice-daily application:
- 82% agreed pores look tightened
After 2 months:
- 81% agreed skin texture looks refined
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.


Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com
-Natural Salicylic Acid (Derived from Wintergreen): Tightens clogged pores, draws out excess oil, and bacteria, refines skin texture.
-Grape Seed Polyphenols: Provide antioxidant protection and prevent blackheads.
-Complex of Essential Oils Formulated with Carrier Oils (Spearmint, Geranium, Lemongrass, Lavender, Rosemary, and Lemon Balm): 100 percent natural, non-photo-sensitizing, noncomedogenic, and antibacterial; provide antiseptic and calming properties to skin that will diminish the appearance of blemishes and prevent new ones from occurring.

What is the texture like?
This has a watery gel texture.

Is this scented?
This has a minty, herbaceous scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Folks I. AM. SHOOK. I've been using this regularly and had no idea that it was intended for oily skin. Now I am shook mostly because I'm dry and this doesn't dry me out at all (perhaps because I mix my serums in with oil before applying?) yet it feels refreshing when applied and leaves my skin feeling super silky. I will say that I haven't used this regularly enough to notice if it does anything for my constantly clogged pores (or are they sebaceous filaments?) on my nose but overall I love the texture of this product and how it makes my skin feel.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a sample at my workplace, I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment