Monday, February 24, 2020

Urban Decay Oz The Great and Powerful Glinda Palette Review

 Today I bring to you the Urban Decay Oz The Great and Powerful Glinda Palette.
AvailabilityThis palette is discontinued.
Would I buy this again? No.
Notes:  So frankly I think this palette is pretty but it's a bit stale in that all the shades are very soft and I feel like the looks created with this palette sooner or later start seeming similar to one another due to a lack of variety and depth in the shades selected here. The quality of the shadows is really nice, as one would expect from Urban Decay - they're soft, highly-pigmented, and easy to blend. I also really don't like that the shade names are on the back of the pans but aren't on the back of the palette, so if you want to know the name you have to pop out the shadow. I find that rather inconvenient.

Tornado is described as a vibrant deep purple shimmer. I would say it's a blackened eggplant with a purple pearl.



Aura  is described as an iridescent white with blue shift/iridescent white with red shift. I would say it's an off white with blue shift/an off white with a pink shift - it reads more pink than red to me .


Magic  is described as a pinkish purple with a golden shimmer. I would say it's a very soft satiny pinkish magenta with an subtle golden pearl .

Illusion is described as a pale peach satin. I would agree with their description here.



Oz is described as a gold with gold glitter/silver with silver glitter. I would say it's a cool toned gold with silver micro-glitter/ a silver with silver micro-glitter .


South is described as a warm pale gray shimmer with silver micro-glitter. I would say it's a mid-tone pewter-y taupe with silver micro-shimmer.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerThis was given to me as a gift from a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment