Sunday, January 5, 2020

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: ColourPop Strawberry Shake Shadow Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. Yes there's two a month now! I figured maybe I could get through more this way :D

For a tutorial I did with this palette you can take a look here. These are the looks I created this month:





















I think this palette is really fun and beautiful - because I don't really use pinks much I don't have very many of them in my collection and I'm excited to finally be adding something genuinely unique to it. I really enjoyed using this palette and just when I was starting to get a little bored it was time to switch on to the next and I thought to myself "oh no, I only thought I was getting bored, there's still so many looks I want to do with this." The shadow quality here is fantastic - beautiful pigmentation, the colors blend easily with one another - if I had to nitpick the shimmery shades - Delish and Whipped in particular - can be a bit crumbly to apply, they're by no means difficult to work with but I would suggest using them wet to make your life easy. 

Disclaimer: My wife gave me this palette for my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment