Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sleek Makeup i-Divine Vintage Romance Palette Review

Ok you folks, Sleek Makeup is something I've been meaning to check out for a while and when I saw they were doing free shipping I just had to get my hands dirty. It took about a week to get to me, not bad at all. Today I bring to you the Vintage Romance palette. 
AvailabilityI'm unsure but this appears to have been discontinued. 
Would I buy this again? I can't say for sure yet.
NotesI chose my palettes based on swatches and the swatches for this looked absolutely stunning, I wasn't even thinking to pick this particular one up but I was like YOLO and looked up swatches for all the palettes. Part of the reason this appealed to me so much is that the colors are absolutely stunning and I don't have very many berries in my collection so I figured... you know... yolo. That said, when the palettes arrived I, for some reason, thought they'd be larger in size... they are, as the name suggests, sleek and I think that makes for better travel. Anyways, let's get to the goodness, shall we?
    According to sleekmakeup.com: "Vintage Romance collection encapsulates an old world floral affair of dreamy and enchanting shades. Inspired by the sheer beauty of romance; fall head over heels for sparkling, pearlescent, intensely pigmented shades and style yourself up in oh so glamorous Vintage Romance" I kind of have to agree with that because the color collection here really does conjure up florals, berries, kind of romantic Victorian-era colors and is very Autumn and sophisticated-looking. I'm just in love with it for this upcoming fall/holiday season. My only beef with this is that there's no highlight color in here but alas...
Pretty in Paris is a mid-tone silver that leans somewhat white-ish, it has a frosted finish to it. 
Meet in Madrid is a gorgeous frosted golden color, probably my favorite of the golds in the palette.
Court in Cannes is a taupe-y gold. This kind of color is always hard for me to describe because it's a rather warm-toned taupe. Alas, feast your eyes upon the beauty.
Lust in LA is a more silvery, cooler-toned taupe.
Romance in Rome is a smoky dark blue, I'd say it's almost a black with a very intense blue frost to it. 
Propose in Prague is our first matte in the palette and it's a very rosy brown shade. I suppose it'd be nice as a "blending out"/transition crease color for the rest of the shadows in the palette.
A Vow in Venice  is a pretty traditional frosted cranberry color, it has a brown-gold background color to it. 
Marry in Monte Carlo is a frosted true berry color, I was so impressed with this when I swatched it because... I find with berries they may look one way (i.e.: berry red) and swatch another (brown) - true of both lip and eye products. I like this one a lot.
Honeymoon in Hollywood is a matte cranberry with silver sparkles. I feel that the sparkle in the shades that have it doesn't really come out in swatches and can very easily be tapped off - I don't mind this as I'm not a fan of random pieces of chunky glitter in my shadow. If I want glitter I'll apply over the top as I wish. 
Bliss in Barcelona is a smoky purple. Again, like, Romance in Rome, I'd say the color is an off-black with an intense purple/violet frost. 
Forever in Florence is a plummy red with that no-show silver sparkle.
Love in London is a matte charcoal - out of all the shades with the silver glitter this is the only one in which it remotely appears; that said, it doesn't play a major role here at all. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment