Monday, April 23, 2012

JulieG Nail Color Review: Mermaid's Tale and Kickin' It

Hi folks :)
Availability: These polishes have been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: You bet!
Notes:    I'll show each color individually and speak about each a little. In terms of application - each color was very easy to apply. The ones with glitter flecks in them aren't chunky at all, and feel smooth on the nail - this will most likely mean they're easier to remove than typical glitter polishes. In addition, nearly each color was opaque in two coats, I was skeptical because with the first coat, most looked streaky and sheer, which had me worried, but the second coat seemed to fix that issue. Maybe I just did a really thin first coat, who knows. :P Without further ado, here come the actual colors:




My nails with 2 coats of polish, all nails have Orly Won't Chip, Chip Resistant Topcoat on.
Mermaid's Tale is the perfect mermaid color (I would know, I'm a mermaid) a beautiful teal base with tons of gorgeous teal shimmer, it's almost jewel-like and reminds me of the ocean. If you like teal even half as much as I do, you need this!




My nails with 2 coats of polish, all nails have Orly Won't Chip, Chip Resistant Topcoat on.
Kickin' It is my favorite shade of turquoise, I believe this is the color that Jesse helped formulate, and I really adore it. If Mermaid's Tale is like the ocean, Kickin' It is like the sky on a clear day (which reminds me of an awesome Oceanlab song - Youtube "On A Good Day") - it's both calming and incredibly cheerful (like the song! :P). To me, this is another one of those top colors to get, especially if you like blues or teals.
 
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I bought these myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment