Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blush Review: Tarte Exposed Amazonian Clay Blush

So I finally got around to testing and photographing the cheek products, I'm excited to share them with you this week! :D

Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear/ 12-Hour Blush in Exposed


Availability: This shade retails at $29 for  5.6g (0.2 oz) at sephora.com and ulta.com along with their respective physical store locations or at tartecosmetics.com. You can search for it on Ebay and Amazon as well.
Would I buy this again? Yes! I want more colors! Gah :x
Notes: While both Sephora and Tarte describe Exposed as nude, I feel that when this is applied it's kind of mauve-y, it has a touch of a pink tint to it. It's completely matte - no visible shimmer in it at all. I think if it were a straight nude, like a skin-tone type color, it might look flatter - having the pink to it makes it extremely flattering for a variety of skin-tones. Plus, the color itself is perfect  for every day and it's versatile enough to work with any look you've got going. I've been wanting a good  mauve-nude blush for a long time now, every time I peruse the selection they're always too gray, tan, or purple... Alas, I have found the chupacabra! 
   Moving on, the texture of this is quite lovely, it's very smooth and silky. I can't speak to whether this lasts for a full 12 hours because I never quite wore it that long - I had it on for around 6 hours today and it was still going strong (and I can't say that about many of the blushes in my arsenal) - I also love the fact that this lasts even after being buffed out, I feel with most blushes if I want them to last I have to pack on a lot, and for someone as fair as I am, I look ridiculous. In addition, this is uber pigmented, so a little will go a long way (and is also great because it'll work for darker skin-tones).
    I'd also like to point out, that if you're a makeup artist or just like to de-pot blushes and keep them in palettes - that de-potting this is a piece of cake. It has a little pinhole thingamabob at the back and all you have to do is poke through it with say a needle or paperclip or anything long and thin (be careful you don't hurt yourself though) and it'll come right out because it's held by a magnet. Pure genius! :3 
   As I've done in the past, I'd like to draw your attention to the skin-friendly ingredients in this; and again, if you're going to be putting products on your face - they might as well be benefiting your skin somehow, here is the low-down on the goods (for more detail, and yes I'm paraphrasing, I'm not sure how to site information on blogs properly so I'll just put it out there... :| be sure to check out: the product page) :
Amazonian Clay: This is a clay gathered from the banks of the Amazon river, it's supposedly intuitive and great for all skin-types because it contains both hydrating and oil-balancing properties. Sure, some believe this is a gimmick, and I haven't used it long enough to really speak of any particular benefits - but our good buddy oatmeal works quite similarly and is good for every skin type as well.
Beeswax: This gives the product waterproofing qualities, allowing it to last longer on the skin. It also stimulates collagen production - helping plump up the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin C: Another collagen production boosting agent, Vitamin C also has antioxidant and brightening properties.
Vitamin E: Also has antioxidant qualities and has anti-inflammatory properties.
   If you're looking for a fantastic blush that'll be long-wearing, great for every day, and just overall good in terms of texture and blend-ability - I highly suggest checking this out.

Disclaimer: I paid for the blush myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment