Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick Review

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
  

Here are my lips with the lipstick on:
Availability: This product is $17.50 for .07 oz. It is available at nordstrom.com, bloomingdales.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, and their respective physical store locations as well as amazon.com and ebay.com. It is also available for $21 with the Black Honey lip-gloss. 
Would I buy this again?:I'm on the fence 
Notes:  I've been looking for something like this for a long time now - a one-stop lip product that would function as a balm, lip color, and look at least glaze-like (not necessarily glossy, but not flat either) that I could carry with me easily. Plus I've just been meaning to try this - I've heard good things.
    I'd describe this as a sheer wine-berry kind of color. Its description on sephora.com claims "oh it will look different on everyone" - well no duh, so will everything else, depending on your coloring - will look slightly different from person to person. But I can see why they call it a "universally flattering shade" because this color tends to look nice and be wearable on a large variety of skin-tones - it just adds a bit of a berry tone to your pout. It looks really scary in the tube, nearly a blackened berry but, as you can see from the above photos, it is SHEER. I actually like how sheer it is because there are days when I want to throw a BB cream on and I want a bit of color on the lips but a straight up lipstick will look a bit odd with a completely bare face so this is the perfect thing - it provides just a bit of color and moisture. 
   I've been using it for about 1.5 weeks thus far and... I like it OK but I wouldn't call it anything special. It has a  lip-balm kind of feel when applied, dries like a glaze-finish lipstick, and is neither flavored or scented (kind of smells like a generic unscented Chapstick would; as fragrance-free is a big thing for Clinique).  I do really love the permanent silver packaging; it's sleek, looks pretty, and is easy to fit into the smallest clutch or purse.  

 Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.


Disclaimer: *Photos and some text have been updated as of 5-3-2018; although the original review was written from when I purchased the item myself the one in the photos above has been provided for testing purposes, I am not being compensated to mention it on this blog nor am I obligated to do so*

No comments:

Post a Comment