Sunday, July 5, 2020

Lip Balm Review: Smith's Rosebud Perfume Co. Brambleberry Rose and Tropical Ambrosia Lip Balm

Today's lip balm review is going to be on Smith's Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip Balm in Brambleberry Rose and Tropical Ambrosia
Availability: Overall various flavors of Smith's are available at Sephora, Ulta, Bluemercury, Naime's, Cinema Secret's, Nigel's Beauty Emporium, C.O. Bigelow, Anthropologie and occasionally other beauty supply stores as well as beautyhabit.com. The pricing for both the tube and pot, on average, is about $6-9. It's difficult for me to say which stores have which particular flavors, especially more specialized ones like I'm featuring here - all stores mentioned above have the standard rose balm and the minted balm.  If it helps I purchased the Brambleberry & Rose flavor at Naime's and the Tropical Ambrosia at Cinema Secrets. 
Would I buy these again?: Yes.
Notes: If you are looking for deep hydration and yummy flavors these are my top two recommendations for something relatively inexpensive.  They are relatively silky and make my lips feel intensely hydrated. Overall, other than obviously the application method, I haven't found a difference in the texture or degree of hydration in either the pot or the tube. Both are clear. The tube contains 14.2 g  (0.5 oz.) of product whereas the pot contains 21g (0.8 oz.). 



Brambleberry & Rose is described as having a scent that is a nostalgic blend of wild berry flavors. Evokes warm memories of freshly-baked pie. It's definitely a sweet berry scent with maybe just the slightest hint of rose jam. Now that I've read the description it does remind me of the way mixed berry pie filling smells/tastes. No wonder I like it so much, that is literally my favorite type of pie!

Tropical Ambrosia is described as a blend of coconut and mango. I'd say this has a toasty, creamy coconut scent that smells like... perhaps coconut layer cake. I really can't detect any mango scent in it, although if someone told me that this was pina colada scented I'd believe it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I purchased these myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment