Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Primer Review: m-61 PorePerfect Primer

m-61 PorePerfect Primer



AvailabilityThis is a bluemercury exclusive where it retails at $32 for 30 ml (1.06 fl. oz.).

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This silky smooth, gold-flecked transparent primer blurs and diffuses the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles while providing a gentle mattifying, yet radiant effect. Hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, apricot oil and passion fruit oil help to boost moisture for smoother-looking skin.
BENEFITS
• Visibly reduces the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
• Creates a “filtered” makeup effect.
• Provides a soft mattifying, yet radiant finish with subtle golden flecks.
• Universal, lightweight and transparent formula.
• Helps extend the wear of makeup.
• Provides a more smooth, even texture for optimal makeup application.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
Hyaluronic acid helps to plump and replenish the skin’s moisture level.
Vitamin E and apple seed extract help hydrate, repair and protect skin.
Apricot oil helps to provide anti-inflammatory and nourishing benefits.
Passion fruit oil helps to smooth and plump skin.


What is the texture like?
This feels smooth and silicone-y.  

Is this scented?
This has a soft, powdery scent.  

What has my experience with the product been like?
Honestly I feel like it would've been more accurate to refer to this primer as both priming and hydrating rather than pore-perfecting. Although not always the case, I'm sure many of us, when we read that a product is meant to address some kind of pore issue, we tend to think of it as being geared for an oily skin-type and therefore expect the product to be mattifying or to somehow exacerbate dryness issues... or be friendly for oily skin. Now I, personally, wouldn't suggest this for someone whose skin is very oily because I feel like both the texture and ingredients included herein would exacerbate their oiliness.
I will say, for me personally, I am dry and I didn't find that this dried me out in any way. I would describe the finish of this as being natural - in that it looks like healthy skin - rather than matte (wherein it would look flat). It keeps my makeup on well and makes my skin look smoother. That said, I personally wouldn't purchase this because I prefer a lightweight, more lotion-like or watery texture to my primers. This definitely creates the feeling of there being product on your skin.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am under no obligation to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment