Friday, March 13, 2020

Tinted Moisturizer Review: lune + aster 05 Porcelain Skin Tint

Today's review is for the lune + aster Skin Tint in 05 Porcelain





AvailabilityThis retails at $52 for 40 mL (1.3 fl. oz.) and is exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations (Bluemercury within Macy's).

Would I buy this? I want to say yes but it's so pricey!

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from bluemercury.com, shall we?
WHAT IT IS
This light-diffusing Skin Tint covers and perfects with ultra-lightweight, customizable sheer to medium coverage for a naturally radiant look. Your skin, only better!
BENEFITS
• Perfects complexion.
• Makes skin appear more even, radiant and smooth.
• Light-diffusing coated mica provides a natural, radiant finish.
• Ultra-lightweight.
• Hydrating formula.
• Sheer to medium, customizable coverage.
• Oil-free.
• Available in 11 shades.
Gluten-free & vegan.
For all skin types.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
No animal testing.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
According to bluemercury.com:
Hyaluronic acid helps to plump and replenish the skin’s moisture level.
Vegan collagen helps to improve hydration and smooth the skin.
Vitamin E helps to hydrate, repair and protect.
Licorice extract helps to support skin's elasticity, soothe irritation and reduce redness. Consistent use over time has been known to fade dark spots.
Apple seed extract helps to hydrate, repair and protect skin.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 11 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium, very buildable coverage with a natural, glow-y finish.

Is this scented?
This doesn't really have much of a scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Lightweight
-Good coverage
- Wears well all day
- Natural finish looks like skin, not makeup - I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this
Cons:
- price
I've been using this as my "day off" makeup because I like to have a bit of a tint on but to be honest this is very similar to my much beloved Guerlain Lingerie De Peau BB Cream, minus the sunscreen, in terms of both coverage and wear, it's something that gives me enough coverage, especially paired with a concealer, that I'd feel confident wearing it out to work or special occasions, and it looks like just nicely polished skin!

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my fingers.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.
 
Disclaimer: This was given to me for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I receiving compensation, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment