Sunday, March 29, 2020

Mascara Review: NARS Explicit Black Climax Mascara

Alright folksickles...

Today I will be reviewing the NARS Climax Mascara in Explicit Black



Sans Mascara:


With Mascara:

Availability: This is available at bluemercury.com, sephora.com, nordstrom.com, bloomindales.com, ulta.com, narscosmetics.com and macys.com as well as their respective physical store and boutique locations. The retail pricing is $25 for a standard size or $13 for a mini.
Would I buy this?: No.
Notes: This only comes in Explicit Black which is described as a black satin - I think it's just as inky black as most other mascaras.
Let's go over what the mascara's supposed to do and what it actually does. According to sephora.com:  An innovative mascara that delivers buildable volume and intense black color in a lightweight, flexible formula that won’t clump or smudge.
Alright so I'm sure you can see from the photographs that this mascara isn't too much to write home about - I personally want three things from a mascara - volume, length, and definition. This certainly makes my lashes look slightly more voluminous but not in a particular dramatic way. Personally I find it too tame but if you're someone who likes a natural-looking mascara this might be the way to go. It didn't smudge or flake on me which are both positives. That said, it's a bit clumpy, despite its "won't clump" claim.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment