Monday, March 9, 2020

Foundation Review: wet n wild Shell Ivory photo focus Stick Foundation

Today's review is for the wet n wild photo focus Stick Foundation in Shell Ivory




AvailabilityThis retails at just around $3-$6.50 and can be purchased at drugstores that carry wet n wild along with wetnwild.com; as drugstore items aren't regulated I can't speak to the price or availability in your region. wetnwild.com sells this at $6.49 for 0.42 oz. (12g).

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact this is my second stick.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from wetnwild.com, shall we?
Slay all day and play all night in this long-lasting, multi-tasking cover stick; currently available in 21 widespread shades that are flattering to a wide range of skin tones. The Photo Focus™ Stick Foundation delivers long lasting coverage in a breakthrough, lightweight, multi-dimensional formula that applies to a flawless semi-matte finish. Infused with Argan and Sunflower Seed oils for intense moisture and seamless bendability, the Photo Focus™ Stick Foundation perfects your complexion and boosts your confidence to have you looking and feeling great from sunup to sundown. Consumer tested under seven lighting conditions for flawless wear and no-filter Insta-worthy selfies. Go ahead, choose the Photo Focus™ Stick Foundation as your new foundation BFF! We promise, the Photo Focus™ Stick Foundation will NOT disappoint!

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 21 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium-full, very buildable coverage with a natural, slightly glow-y finish. I'd say the finish is more satiny than it is semi-matte.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: Has hydrating and anti-oxidant properties.
Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Vitamin E: Nourishes and conditions the skin; provides anti-oxidant protection.
Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil: Hydrates the skin.
Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil: Has hydrating, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, and anti-microbial properties.
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil: Has hydrating and restorative properties. 

Is this scented?
This has a light paint-like scent that's not super pleasant but I find it dissipates quickly.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
Cons:
- not so much the product itself, but I find that once you pass the rim there's a lot of product left in the container that's difficult to remove and while I realize that this foundation is fairly inexpensive I'd still rather get all that I can out of it.
So this is actually my second stick, I purchased one last year and I really like it - this gives me great coverage and is easy to throw on and blend out quickly. I really like its dewy yet natural-looking finish and how it has oils in it so that it doesn't look dry and doesn't dry out my skin.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my Colourpop Precision Blending Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment