Monday, March 1, 2021

February 2021 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. m-61 PowerGlow Peel x6: These towelettes are seriously no joke when it comes to resurfacing the skin, they really give the skin a nice radiance. I used them on top of my eczema hands and I found a big difference in my skin texture - usually it's rather dry and scaly but these really help to smooth the skin down without being irritating - they do tingle for a few minutes after application though. 

2. Dove pampering shea butter & warm vanilla Nourishing Body Wash: As mentioned in prior posts, I use this mostly to shave with and I find that this particular formulation is very hydrating and makes easy work of letting my razor glide across it. It has a soft, sweet scent but I'd say it leans a little more towards a shea butter scent with a hint of vanilla versus being a heavy vanilla scent. 

3. One Love Organics Skin Savior Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm: Unfortunately mine has started smelling horrible so it's time to part ways. 

4. Kat Von D NaYeon Studded Kiss Lipstick: This has also developed an odd scent so I shall be throwing it away. 

5. Urban Decay Rock Steady Vice Lipstick: Unfortunately this has also developed a funky odor.

6. L'Oreal 502 Plum Adagio Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color: Another victim of funky smell.

7. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Mocha & Coffee Bean: You know this is another product that I adore and keep repurchasing because it's really scrubby and works well to make my skin softer and smoother as well as to give me a closer shave. This scent is delicious and really helps to wake me up in the morning. 

8. Indie Lee I-Awaken Eye Serum: I find that this serum did a great job of hydrating and depuffing my under-eye area but I didn't really notice a difference in terms of brightening.

9. Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Masque: Frankly I wasn't expecting to like this mask at all, as in the past the Gold Lust line has been too heavy for my hair and most of my hair right now is currently virgin. That said, this left my hair really hydrated, shiny, and healthy-looking without weighing it down or making my hair greasy. It has a really nice scent to it as well. 

10. Colourpop Faux Mink False Lashes in Amor: These are very natural looking falsies that were just a  wee bit longer than my natural lashes. I think they're ok but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them again as I personally like more intense looking falsies.

11. m-61 PowerGlow Peel Extra Strength 20% x2: So this is the update to the PowerGlow Peel mentioned above with a whopping 20% glycolic acid (the original has 7%). Mind you these frightened me greatly given that even the original makes my face tingle so when I first applied this I was half-way prepared for my face to melt away. I was pleasantly surprised that this is, in fact, not terribly scary and leaves my skin baby's bottom smooth. After I applied, I did experience a sunburn-like sensation that was intense for about 5 minutes and completely disappeared within just about 10. I HIGHLY recommend following this up with hydrating and anti-inflammatory products such as squalane oil, which is what I did, to minimize potential inflammation and skin irritation. 

12. Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer: You folks know that I love this product! It smells wonderful and provides a nice extra boost of hydration to the hair without weighing it down. I love this product as a leave-in, heat protectant, UV protectant, and to help hydrate my ends. 

13. beauty360 100% Acetone Pro Strength Nail Polish Remover: This did a really good job of taking off my nail polish quickly but alas it has gotten all gross on the inside with all the polish it's taken off so it's that time to replace it. 

14. Ariose Monde Ocean Bliss Bubble Bath: So even though the gift set my friend gave me included a shower gel... I decided to use this as a secondary bottle of... shower gel. Now at first it worked fine but then, after a few uses, it ironically lost any ability to foam up... Needless to say I was left rather unimpressed.

15.  Dove renewing peony & rose Nourishing Body Wash: This body wash smells SO GOOD! Just a beautiful sweet floral rose scent that you KNOW I adore. I use this for shaving and it does a wonderful job of helping my razor glide and leaving my skin silky smooth.

16.  dermalogica neck lift contour serum: Honestly I wasn't expecting much from this and I was pleasantly surprised. My neck genuinely felt firmer when I was using this. I mean I don't feel like I have significant elasticity problems but I did feel a difference. 

17. Trader Joe's Mango Tangerine Scented Candle: I am sad for this candle to be gone. It smells absolutely delicious. A really nice blend of citrusy and sweet. 

18. Bath & Body Works Blueberry Maple Pancakes Scented Candle: This is another one I'm sad to have used up. It's such a cozy, comforting scent especially when it's cold outside. 

19. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Bette: This is a pretty berry-toned lipstick. It was nice while it lasted.

20. wet n wild Rose photo focus Water Drop Primer:  This is a really nice, lightweight, refreshing-feeling primer that has a pretty rose scent. I really enjoyed using it. 

21. Odacite Bioactive Rose Gommage: This does a great job of leaving my skin soft and smooth but I personally feel like it doesn't give me results amazing enough where I feel like it justifies purchasing it at its price point.

22. RAW SUGAR sugar scrub in Pineapple + Maqui Berry + Coconut: This scrub smells absolutely incredible and is very scrubby in a way that I like. However, it leaves an oily/waxy residue on the skin that's difficult to remove and personally I really like to use body scrubs right before I shave to get rid of dead skin and help perk up the hairs up and away from the skin so having a waxy residue to shave through is just a pain. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the One Love Organics, Kat Von D, Indie Lee, Oribe, Bumble and bumble, dermalogica, Ariose Monde, Odacite, NARS, and m-61 products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment