Sunday, January 10, 2021

Exfoliator Review: Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Mint

Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Mint

AvailabilityThis product retails at $19 for 3 oz.  (84 mL)  or $30 for 6 oz. (177 ml) at bluemercury.com, macys.com, sephora.com, jcpenney.com, and nordstrom.com along with their physical store locations as well as getjackblack.com.

Would I buy this?: No

Notes
According to sephora.com:
What it is:
A deep cleaning, pre-shave cleanser and scrub in one.
What it is formulated to do:
This scrub clears the way for an easier, closer shave by smoothing the surface of the skin and clearing congested pores. Menthol and vitamin C help wake-up and invigorate skin while small, highly uniform scrubbing particles open congested pores and sweep away deep-down oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Why bother? Because removing oil, dirt and dead cells helps the razor get closer to the skin for a smoother, easier shave. Getting rid of those dead cells also helps prevent in-grown hairs.
What else you need to know:
Regular exfoliation (gently scrubbing off old skin cells) also improves skin's appearance and radiance by exposing newer, younger cells beneath the surface. The scrub is dermatologist-tested, colorant-, alcohol-, and paraben-free.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Licorice Extract: Has brightening and antioxidant properties.
Allantoin: Has moisturizing, soothing, and exfoliating properties.
Vitamin C: Helps to lighten, brighten, and tighten skin.
Menthol: Helps cool the skin. 

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as creamy small-grain sand. It certainly feels exfoliating physically but it's soft.

Is this scented?
This has a minty, clean, kind of masculine-ish scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Ok friends, I'll be honest, due to PCOS I do end up having to shave my face; it's embarrassing and uncomfortable to experience facial hair and also to deal with the redness and irritation that come from shaving - as other hair removal methods don't work as well for me. When I initially played with this scrub I had no idea it was meant for shaving, I usually exfoliate prior to doing face masks so they can really penetrate deep down and get any gunk out of, or really moisturize, deeper layers of skin. So I typically used this at night. However, I can totally see how it would prepare facial hair for shaving given how intensely scrubby it is. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes, I am under no obligation to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment