Friday, January 1, 2021

December 2020 Empties

  All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels: Well lmfao I just realized that these are for smile lines and not for the under-eyes, which is where I put them, and I was gonna say I hated how sticky they were but I was using them wrong the whole time... well then... I didn't find them to be particularly hydrating or cooling - can't tell you if they smooth smile lines either. 
patchology Illuminating Eye Gels - Glitter Edition: I really didn't love these because they fit under the eyes kind of strangely and the glitter is just like... why would I want chunky glitter under my eyes? These did feel hydrating and refreshing I just think the glitter aspect is unnecessary. 
Candy O'Lady Mellow Cotton Candy Mask: Unfortunately this is another one that I wasn't a fan of and it's because this mask is just extremely oversaturated with serum to the point of feeling like wet goo on the face. The serum doesn't pat in nicely afterwards either, it just sits on the skin because there's too much of it. 
goodal citron infused water mild sheet mask: We're finally onto a good one. I really like these particular masks because I find that they do a wonderful job of infusing their serum into the skin while making the skin feel refreshed and hydrated. This particular one has more of a rosemary than a citron scent which I find rather odd. 
EVERYDAZE Collagen Focus Treatment Mask: I found this mask to be very hydrating and refreshing. 
goodal apple infused water mild sheet mask: This one has a nice, mild apple scent. 
goodal green tea infused water mild sheet mask: This one has a really fantastic tea scent that I just adore! 
papa recipe Bombee Honey Mask: It's been so long since I've used these masks and I have to say I still LOVE them so much! They smell so good and leave my skin feeling super soft and rejuvenated. 
Candy O'Lady Cake Pop Candy Mask: This is another one I didn't love because again, it's oversaturated with a serum that doesn't absorb well into my skin and with both masks, I find that the philtrum area (the part between the nose and mouth) never lays down flat so I feel like I have some kind of odd Dr. Zoidberg flappy upper lip area.
A'Pieu Strawberry Milk Air Pocket Sheet: This is a great hydrating, refreshing mask that leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and supple while smelling like a strawberry milkshake. I think it's great.
Candy O'Lady Lemon Candy Mask: This is another one I didn't love because again, it's oversaturated with a serum that doesn't absorb well into my skin and with these masks, I find that the philtrum area (the part between the nose and mouth) never lays down flat so I feel like I have some kind of odd Dr. Zoidberg flappy upper lip area. At least this particular one had a somewhat nice lemon scent to it.
Etude House Smoothing & Firming Snail Mask: This mask is fantastic in that it's hydrating without being heavy. It left my skin feeling smooth and a tiny bit firm, mostly just smooth and soft. I love that this mask is inexpensive and does what it promises to do.
Jajun Okra Green Mask: This is another mask that I really enjoyed because it left my skin feeling hydrated, refreshed, and soft. 
esfolio Rose Essence Mask Sheet: This mask left my skin feeling super silky and soft like a baby's behind. It has a pretty, soft, herbaceous rose scent.
A by BOM Ultra Water Leaf Water Mask with Plant Energy from Garden: This mask was quite wet and gloppy so I was concerned that it would just end up feeling like a mess but it was incredibly hydrating and left my skin very smooth, supple, and soft. 

2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel: This is a fantastic hydrating gel cream moisturizer. I personally liked it a lot and found that it gave me adequate hydration despite having a gel texture. It absorbs quickly and I like the way it smells too. The fragrance is a bit much though and I can see why someone wouldn't like it. 

3. fresh Rose Face Mask: I really loved how soft and smooth this made my skin. I'm sad to have used it all up completely. 

4. ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in Cry Baby: I'm so sad to have used this up entirely because not only was it a fantastic brightening shade for my waterline but this color has been discontinued. It's such a pretty lavender. 

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills False Lashes in Gorgina: These are a really pretty voluminous fluttery lash. I got loads of compliments when I wore these. 

6. Scentsy Blue Grotto Scentsy Bar: This smells so wonderful. It's got a really beautiful bright, intense citrus scent to it. 

7. Tree Hut Firmin Sugar Scrub in Mocha & Coffee Bean You know this is another product that I adore and keep repurchasing because it's really scrubby and works well to make my skin softer and smoother as well as to give me a closer shave. This has a delicious coffee scent to it that wakes me up in the morning.

8. ORLY Nail Defense Strengthening Protein Treatment: Unfortunately I don't find that this did much to help strengthen my nails. Last year especially my nails were a disgusting peeling mess and nothing helped until I started taking prenatal vitamins. 

9. Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20: I really loved this moisturizer - it adds a great lightweight hydration that I find is nourishing enough for my dry skin and has SPF protection. I wish it had a higher SPF to it because I really enjoy its texture. 

10.  Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose: You know this is another product that I adore and keep repurchasing because it's really scrubby and works well to make my skin softer and smoother as well as to give me a closer shave. This has a nice soft rose scent.

11. R+Co Balloon Dry Volume Spray: Honestly I feel like this is a product that I want to love because it's meant to add volume to the hair but be weightless so it's a great product, in theory, for someone with fine hair like myself. Unfortunately it deflates in my hair very quickly and because it's lightweight and doesn't seem to have any type of weight or grit to it there's really nothing there to keep the hair elevated in place. 

12. Virtue Volumizing Mousse: Say hello to my new favorite thickening/volumizing mousse. I love that this mousse gives me volume, more definition to my waves, a slight hold and thicker-feeling texture, and feels smooth and weightless (read: non-crunchy) in my hair. I think it's an incredible product and definitely worth checking out. 

13. Fourth Ray Beauty The Big Detox Mud Mask: This is a fantastic, albeit messy, mud mask. It does a really wonderful job of removing impurities and dirt from the pores - you can literally see the oil coming out onto it - and really draws pimple gunk to the surface. I like it a lot but I wish it wasn't such a mess to remove. 

14. Anastasia Beverly Hills False Lashes in So Hollywood: I got quite  a bit of compliments on these lashes, they're a really pretty semi-chunky, semi-wispy style. 

15. Bath & Body Works Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel in Sparkling Limoncello: This shower gel is super sudsy and has a yummy sweet lemon scent that wakes me up in the mornings.

16. Laneige Multi Deep-Clean Cleanser : I am so sad that this cleanser has been used up - it provides a deep clean, as its name implies, but leaves my skin feeling very soft and hydrated. It's not the least bit stripping and is perfect for my dry skin that experiences things like clogged pores and acne that need a deeper cleaning. 

17. Chesapeake Bay Asleep Lavender Essential Oil: This has a very true lavender scent to it and did a beautiful job of scenting my room when used in my diffuser.

18. Maya Chia The Super Couple Astaxanthin + Chia Ultra Luxe Facial Oil: Another product that I am sad to have used up completely. This does such a wonderful job of boosting my skin's hydration, leaving it feeling very soft, smooth, and supple. 

19. boscia Vegan Collagen Booster serum: This serum is nice in providing hydration to the skin. I can't really say if the collagen in it produced any benefit in terms of my skin's own elasticity. My skin felt bouncy and supple with this on it but that could be just from the hydration.

20. NEST Holiday Scented Candle: This is a really pretty holiday scent that smells of holidays spices and pine. Unfortunately for me, it also reminds me of the way one of my, now ex, friends' houses in Puerto Rico smelled especially during the holidays. It makes me oddly nostalgic and mostly just sad at how that friendship disintegrated. But alas. 

21. Chesapeake Bay Mind & Body Clarity Peppermint Essential Oil:  This is a good, sweet peppermint essential oil that did a good job scenting my room in my diffuser.

22. Bath & Body Works Wish on a Starfish Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel: This smells really citrusy and yummy. 

23. Dove Rejuvenating Pomegranate & Hibiscus Tea Nourishing Body Wash: As mentioned previously, I really like to use these as shaving cream. This one has a yummy, somewhat sour-sweet fruity scent to it. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the fresh, Jack Black, Maya Chia, boscia, NEST,  and R+Co  products. The Scentsy and Neutrogena products were given to me as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment