Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Too Faced Gingerbread Extra Spicy Palette Review

The big moment we've all been waiting for - I FINALLY managed to get my greedy sea-hands on this box of gorgeousness. We are about to embark on a journey featuring review and swatches galore. Strap yourselves in folksickles.










This one is my favorite look in the booklet!





AvailabilityThis palette appears to be discontinued.
Would I buy this again? I'm not sure.
NotesThe palette contains 18 shadows in various warm shades with some pops of colors. They are absolutely beautiful in their textures (for the most part) and work well with one another. I haven't had an issue with pigmentation or anything of that kind. This palette is very heavy on rosy, warm-tones; it certainly feels a bit wintery in terms of baked goods and the like but these shades work well for any time of year. It has an artificially sweet, spiced gingerbread kind of scent that's kind of musky and unpleasant. That said I don't really pick up on the scent unless I stuff my face in the palette.


Vanilla Wafers - is described as a matte cream; to me it's a matte off-white tone.
Cookie Cutter  - is described as a soft peach gold; to me it's a soft gold with a pinkish pearl and gold micro-glitter specks.


Soft & Sweet - is described as a matte soft pink brown; I'd agree with that description.
For The Graham - is described as a matte peachy brown; to me it's a satiny milk chocolate brown with gold micro-shimmer specks.


In A Pinch - is described as a matte deep pumpkin; to me it's a matte peach.


Drizzle It - is described as a burnt rose gold; to me it's a soft coppery gold.
Lick The Spoon - is described as a pink gold with silver pearl; I'd agree with that description again. 

Spicy Mami - is described as a orange copper glitter; to me it's a metallic copper with copper glitter flecks.

Extra Spicy - is described as a matte red orange; I'd agree with that description. 
Half Baked - is described as a mustard brown metallic; to me it's a metallic coppery gold
Butterscotch - is described as a matte mustard yellow; I'd agree with that description. 
Cookie Call - is described as a matte mahogany... I'd say it's a matte dark chocolate brown. 

Plenty Of Dough -is described as a soft peach; to me it's a matte pinkish beige.

Candy Queen- is described as a yellow brown with gold pearl; to me it's a beautiful metallic gold with an intense glimmering gold pearl.

Gingerbread Glam - is described as a rustic brown; to me it's definitely a gingery brown. 

Hot Tamale - is described as a soft ruby pink; to me it's a heavily pinkish brown; it's odd because it looks pink in the palette but swatches kind of brownish. 

Cinna-Moan - is described as a matte brick brown; I'd agree with that description.

Midnight Snack - is described as a deep blue with icy blue/silver sparkle; to me it's a matte black base loaded with (mostly) blue and (some) silver micro-shimmer. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerMy wife got me this for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment