Thursday, November 26, 2020

Exfoliator Review: Fourth Ray Beauty Clean Slate Foaming Exfoliator

Fourth Ray Beauty Clean Slate Foaming Exfoliator










AvailabilityThis product retails at $12 for 45 g (1.6 oz.) at fourthraybeauty.com and colourpop.com

Would I buy this?: No.

Notes: 
According to fourthraybeauty.com:
This foaming exfoliator water-activates into a rich, foamy lather to polish away dead skin and wash away impurities. Formulated with Volcanic Rock, Kaolin Clay, and fruit enzymes, this detoxifying powder works to refine skin. Wash away the dirt, debris, and toxins that lie deep within your pores and reveal a smoother, softer, and more renewed complexion.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to fourthraybeauty.com:
Volcanic Rock: known to help renew and combat dullness
Kaolin Clay: known to absorb impurities and refine skin
AHA, BHA, and Fruit Enzymes: known to exfoliate and renew skin texture
Tea Tree: known to purify and promote clarity
Eucalyptus: known to provide balancing and purifying benefits

What is the texture like?
This feels like a very soft sand when dry and foamy when wet. 

Is this scented?
I know neither of these are listed as either ingredients or scent notes but this smells like licorice and fennel to me. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
So I like this exfoliator in terms of the way it feels when I use it - though it's grainy, the grains are soft and give a "just right" feel of exfoliation before turning into a nice foam; due to the combination of both physical and chemical exfoliants my skin feels silky smooth. The scent, however, kills me. I LOATHE it. Plus it sticks around way, way after you wash the product off and while I endure it because I like the way this makes my skin feel I have no desire to repurchase the product.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I bought this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment