Thursday, October 8, 2020

Foundation Review: Juvia's Place The Shade Sticks Foundation

Today's review is for the Juvia's Place The Shade Sticks Foundation in Tokyo







AvailabilityThis is exclusive to juviasplace.com where it retails at $16 for 9.7g (0.34 oz.) (it currently appears to be on sale for $6.40).

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from juviasplace.com, shall we?
Full coverage natural and radiant finish multipurpose foundation sticks comes in 30 creamy and long-lasting sticks. Formulated to feel like skin. A weightless multipurpose formula that glides on seamlessly to cover imperfections, while giving full definition to face.
This full coverage formula is infused with Shea butter and oil controlling ingredients to aid in a long wear time while providing radiance to skin. Paraben-free; phthalate-free; sulfate-free; gluten-free


Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 30 shades, as mentioned above.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium to full, buildable coverage with a natural matte finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
I digress to say that the website doesn't list the ingredients and I've managed to discard the box.

Is this scented?
This has a faint paint-like scent that's not super pleasant but I find it dissipates quickly.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
Cons:
- it's a bit too matte for me personally
- shade is a bit too light  for me, difficult to find correct shade without shopping in-store
So I was very excited to try these foundations because I've been seeing them all over my Instagram feed but unfortunately this shade is too light for me to the point where I look ghostly, I will be passing it along to a friend who is shockingly lighter than myself. Although I realize that this could be used for underpainting/highlighting purposes but I don't really do that with matte highlighters. It's also too matte where I don't really care to find a shade that might be a closer match for me.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my AOA Wonder Blender - Pink Teardrop.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment