Friday, October 9, 2020

Foundation Review: Juvia's Place I Am Magic Velvety Matte Foundation

Today's review is for the Juvia's Place I Am Magic Velvety Matte Foundation in Isla






AvailabilityThis is exclusive to juviasplace.com and ulta.com (along with its physical locations) where it retails at $22 for 30ml (1 oz.).

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from juviasplace.com, shall we?
Take a trip around the world with Juvia's Place and our brand new I AM MAGIC Velvety Matte Foundation formulas. From Sudan to Marisol, our 42 expertly formulated shades are globally-inspired for long-lasting, all-day wearability. I AM MAGIC Velvety Matte Foundation was designed for ALL skin tones, from the deepest dark to the fairest fair. Live YOUR magic with Juvia's Place.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 42 shades, as mentioned above.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a full coverage with a soft matte finish. This stuff is no joke, a tiny bit goes a LONG way!

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract: Has anti-aging properties.
Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract: Has oil/sebum-control properties and anti-oxidant properties.
Orthosiphon Stamineus Extract: Helps reduce sebum production.
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin
Oleanolic Acid: Has anti-oxidant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory properties.

Is this scented?
This has a faint paint-like scent that's not super pleasant but I find it dissipates quickly.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
Cons:
- it's a bit too matte for me personally
-it's somewhat too light and yellow for me
Much like the stick, I saw this all over my Instagram and was excited to give it a try. Now unfortunately it's too matte for me personally, it also is so yellow that I end up looking a bit jaundiced with this on. I think Malta would probably have been a better shade for me but unfortunately there's nothing labeled "light with cool tones" and, given that I'm fair, I can never be certain what a brand means by "very light/fair" because that's usually where I fall unless they create shades that are genuinely intended for someone with albinism. It's difficult to find a perfect match online just based on description. That's just the risk you take.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my AOA Wonder Blender - Pink Teardrop.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment