Thursday, September 24, 2020

Foundation Review: AOA studio Buildable Satin Foundation

Today's review is for the AOA studio Buildable Satin Foundation in Porcelain





AvailabilityThis is exclusive to shopmissa.com where it retails at $1.88 for 19ml (0.64 oz.). No, you didn't misread that.

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from shopmissa.com, shall we?
The new AOA Studio Liquid Drop Foundation! Available in 15 shades! This lightweight, natural formula leaves a gorgeous satin finish. Start with a few drops all over the skin and blend. To build more coverage add more drops and continue blending. Finish off with concealer and set with powder!
These foundations are also so easy to mix and match 2 shades to get the perfect color for you all year long! 
This foundation applies and blends beautifully with a sponge

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 15 shades, as mentioned above. Given their price, it really is viable to buy multiple shades and mix it until you get the perfect one.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium, buildable coverage with a natural, slightly glow-y finish. I'd say the finish is more satiny and dries semi-matte.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
No, mainly a base, pigment, and preservatives. To be honest, given its price, I wouldn't expect much.

Is this scented?
This has a light paint-like scent that's not super pleasant but I find it dissipates quickly.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
Cons:
- it's a bit too matte for me personally.
My wife suggested this to me and, given how inexpensive it is, I decided to just go for it. Now, personally, I set all of my foundations with powder, no exceptions. I know some folks don't but I find that if I neglect setting my foundation then whatever I normally put on top of my powder (i.e.: any type of cheek product - contour, blush, highlight) tends to just smear into my foundation and move the product around. Setting this with a powder, because it's already a bit matte, I find, causes it to create that weird texture that settles into the skin and makes pores very obvious.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my AOA Wonder Blender - Pink Teardrop.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment