Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Candle Review: LAFCO Champagne

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you. 
Candle: LAFCO Candle in Champagne
Availability: This is available at bluemercury.com, neimanmarcus.com, nordstrom.com, macys.com and bloomingdales.com along with their physical store locations along with lafco.com. The retail pricing is as follows: $20 for 4 oz., $46 for 6.5 oz., $70 for 15.5 oz., and $105 for 30 oz. 
Would I buy this again?:No .
Notes: Because I neglected to photograph the box, here is a scent description from lafco.com: Sparkling grapefruit, Tuscan lemon and ginger are gently calmed by rose, neroli and verbena.
Here's what I'm getting from smelling the candle cold - this smells spicy and clean, the ginger note here is very apparent.
As the wax warms and burns, the scent intensifies; I feel like ginger is still the most prominent scent to me but I do pick up on the citruses in the background. 
I find this candle melts and burns very well; it has a throw that smells up my entire room.
I feel like, other than the higher-quality fragrance oils used in the candles, what drives the pricing up is that each is in a hand-blown glass jar. While this definitely adds an element of novelty and luxury I just feel like it's quite the clever marketing tactic to get you to pay exorbitant prices for candles. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes, I am under no obligation to mention it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment