Monday, July 6, 2020

NYX Professional Makeup Mint Cream and Baby Powder Faux White Inner Eye Brightener Review

Today's eyeliner review is going to be on NYX Professional Makeup Faux White Inner Eye Brightener in Mint Cream and Baby Powder
Availability: These appear to have been discontinued.
Would I buy these again? Yes. 
NotesIn terms of texture these are very smooth and creamy; they glide on easily without pulling or tugging on the eye at all. In terms of wear - I had both on for just about 9-10 hours -  both works pretty decent as a base, I had very slight creasing but no fading of my eyeshadow, on the upper lash-line both stayed put as well. As for the waterline, both stayed put but faded slightly. I know they're intended for the inner rim of the eye but I wanted to test how they'd work outside of that parameter as well. Overall I'm very impressed, I really like having alternatives to a straight up white or nude on the inner rim of the eye but I like having colors that create a more open eye effect so these are perfect. I will say that I'm fairly uncertain that having multiple colors is necessary unless you're buying shades that are vastly different from one another (i.e.: blue and pink) because overall, they provide a similar-looking effect. Then again, at $8 a pop, I can't fault you for buying multiples either.
In this look I applied this as a base for my eyeshadow, on the upper lash line, and in my waterline/inner rim of the eye
Mint Cream is described as a seafoam.  I would say that it's a very pastel, nearly full-on white, minty shade. Frankly I would guess it's more white than it is mint unless I compared it side by side to a true white.
In this look I applied this as a base for my eyeshadow, on the upper lash line, and in my waterline/inner rim of the eye
Baby Powder is described as a pale blue. I would say it's a pastel cornflower shade.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased these myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment