Friday, July 17, 2020

June 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P
Sheet Masks:
Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Acai: As you all know this is one of my absolute favorite sheet masks and one I always like having on hand. It's got a hydrating milky serum that isn't super heavy yet it makes my skin feel super hydrated and silky. It smells nice too.
look At Me Aqua Moisture Racoon Face Mask: I am so impressed by these gift-with-purchase masks that yesstyle gives out because they're really good and just some random freebie. This made my skin super soft and felt refreshing without being heavy. 

2. lune+aster Hydrabright Concealer : Honestly I don't feel like this concealer is worth the money - I'll explain. Overall I bought this because I liked using it on people who wanted the look of concealed imperfections that still looked like skin - in other words, this has fairly light coverage and looks natural. Now y'all know, if you have seen any photos of me on this blog that... that's not the look I go for. I don't want my makeup to look cake-y but if it's fuller to the point of covering every last flaw I am here for it. This concealer just isn't at a coverage level that I personally prefer. I find that the wand wiper on it causes it to dispense very little product; removal of the wiper did help some but I ran out of product quickly and due to how thin the tube is, I can't get to the bottom of it to scrape out the very last bits of product. 

3.Dr Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution in Balance & Calm with Matcha Green Tea:  As you all may know, I'm a big fan of matcha and I was excited about the prospect of this salt bath but unfortunately it just doesn't smell like matcha and only has a very faint green tea scent.

4. Skinceuticals Metacell Renewal B3: This was definitely a nicely hydrating product. It left my skin feeling very smooth and silky. I think it's rather pricey though.

5. dermalogica Invisible Physical Defense: I will admit that ever since finding out that this has cordycepts in it, I was grossed out and didn't quite want to use it. Alas, I've used it up. It has a nice hydrating texture but I wouldn't go out and get it. 

6que bella pore minimizing facial mud mask: This was a nice mud mask in the sense that it made my skin feel cleaner but it didn't actually do very much to clear out or minimize my pores.

7. Walgreens 100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover: My coworker gave me this last year to help remove my gel polish and while that was still quite the effort, ultimately, this worked. It does a fantastic and quick job of removing nail polish and I personally didn't find it any more drying than typical nail polish removers.

8. LUSH Pink Bath Bomb: This is a slightly hydrating bath bomb with a floral scent. I think the most fun thing about this is how it leaves your water a pretty shade of hot pink and has lots of fun glitter in it. It's very mermaid-y and magical.

9. Dove rejuvenating pomegranate and hibiscus tea Nourishing Body Wash: I really like to use these body washes for shaving because they hydrate the skin and give my razor a nice glide but because I am lowkey a hairy beast they last a month, unlike shaving gel, which lasts a week so I'm happy to use them and have them. This has a really nice slightly sour, refreshing scent - I wouldn't say it's a true representation of either pomegranate or hibiscus tea but nevertheless it's a nice scent.

10. Alterna Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist: I'll be honest with you all, I feel like this maybe adds a bit of a texture to my hair but it doesn't really add a lot of noticeable volume. I'm unsure if this may be because I air-dry my hair and it might be designed for blow-drying, a lot of styling products are meant to be heat-activated but because my hair is so fine and I'm trying to have it in shape, I try not to heat-style it.

11. Figs & Rouge Nourishing & Soothing Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin: I've had this hand cream for a while and carried it around with me but unfortunately it's gone off and smells really odd and gross so it's time to toss it.

12. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Passion Fruit & Guava:  You all know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This has a nice, sweet yet tart scent.

13. Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum: I liked the texture of this serum - it was very hydrating and felt soothing. That said, it honestly didn't do much more for my skin when compared to my beloved squalane and given how pricey this is, I just can't justify picking it up even though the texture on it is great.

14. Kiehl's Glow Formula Skin Hydrator: I really liked this moisturizer, it had this odd scent that I really enjoyed, felt hydrating without being heavy, and gave my skin a pretty glow.

15. Clarins Paris Defining Eye Lift: This is a really hydrating eye serum - I can't say much in terms of the "lift" function due to me not having any issues with loose saggy skin at this time. I felt like it was firming though just in terms of how it left my skin feeling.

16. m-61 Hydraboost Eye Cream: This is a nice, lightweight, yet hydrating eye cream. I think it's rather pricey for what it is but if I did enjoy using it.

17. Colourpop Faux-M-G Falsies Faux Lashes in Mami: These lashes are absolutely beautiful! They're pretty, fluttery, and they make my eyes look gigantic. They're super flattering for my eye shape. The band is a pain in the behind to get glued on correctly but given how beautiful the lashes are I'm willing to put up a fight.

18. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: This gives the skin such a lovely-feeling boost of hydration - I absolutely adore it. It makes my skin feel very smooth and silky. Unfortunately it's just too pricey for me to invest in.

19. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: As I've mentioned previously, I don't use these for a baby, I used them to wipe down surfaces, especially those of my makeup collection, and to wipe off hand swatches when I take blog photos. These are great! They're well-saturated and a package lasts forever!

20. Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea body cream in mango Mandarin: This is a really beautifully scented body lotion. This is one of my favorite scents that they make because it's fruit, citrusy, and sweet yet a little tart. Definitely great for the summertime.

21. Urban Decay Sabbath Glide-On Eye Pencil:  Unfortunately mine is completely dried out. This is a beautiful deep navy and I'm sad to let it go.

22. JulieG Nail Color in Santorini: If you have been following this blog for any length of time you know how much I LOVED this nail polish. Unfortunately mine is... out to the point where it's difficult to paint my nails with the remainder of it. I'm sorry to see it go as it was such a pretty color.

23. thisworks in transit camera close-up: This is a fantastic hydrating primer - although you can see it as a standalone moisturizer or sleeping mask as well. I found that my makeup stayed put really well with this under it and this felt very hydrating and refreshing to apply. That said, due to its hydrating nature I do find it to be a tad heavy for the summertime. It's definitely better for cold weather conditions.

24. Christope Robin Volume Conditioner with Rose Extracts: I've had this in the past and I find that it makes my hair look slightly more volumized while providing really nice, lightweight hydration. It also has a nice, floral rose scent.

25. Urban Decay 24/7 Legend Waterline Eye Pencil: As you know, this was my go-to black eyeliner for a long time, it's smooth and well-pigmented but unfortunately mine dried out.

26. Makeup Geek Full False Lashes in Elegant: These are beautiful somewhat spikey looking lashes. I really enjoyed wearing them and thought they looked nice on my eyes.

27. innisfree Brightening & Pore-caring Sleeping Mask: I really like how this mask made my skin feel really soft and smooth while being lightweight. That said, I don't find that it did anything to help with the size or appearance of my pores nor did it make my skin any brighter or more radiant.

28. Natura Bisse Diamond Cocoon Ultra Rich Cream: I really liked how hydrating this cream is without being super heavy to the point where my skin won't absorb it. It's intensely hydrating however, as its name suggests. I just think it's super pricey for what it is.

29. Chantecaille Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask: I used this as a sleeping mask and I found that it was very hydrating.

30. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: This is an acne spot treatment - I don't love the packaging for it because it being a doe-foot invites a great lack of hygiene into the use of this product. However, I find that it really does work healing acne both in the aspect that it draws puss and impurities to the surface but it also helps reduce the redness and swelling that are usually associated with acne pustules.

31. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This is always quite the nostalgic scent for me because it's the very first one that I ever used, it has a nice, sweet tropical scent.

32. Moroccanoil Treatment: As I've said in the past, I really like this treatment because it hydrates my hair without weighing it down or making my hair greasy. While I really don't like the scent of this product, I am willing to deal with it because it genuinely makes my hair feel great.

33. Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask: I absolutely love this mask - it makes my skin feel super smooth and hydrated plus it smells incredible! It's got a nice, sweet, berry scent.

34. bumble & bumble Thickening Full Form Soft Mousse: I am so sad to have used this up, you  know this is my favorite mousse because it genuinely makes my hair feel thicker and fuller while giving my hair nice volume. It is meant to be heat activated but I find that using it when I air-dry my hair works just fine.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the look At Me, Skinceuticals, dermalogica, Walgreen's Acetone, Alterna. Dr. Barbara Sturm, Kiehl's, Clarins, m-61 (with the exception of the Power Spot treatment),  Shiseido. Christophe Robin, innisfree, Natura Bisse, Urban Decay (the Legend shade), Chantecaille, Youth to the People, Moroccanoil and que bella  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment