Saturday, June 20, 2020

Serum Review: La Mer Regenerating Serum

La Mer Regenerating Serum
AvailabilityThis is available at bluemercury.com, sephora.com, neimanmarcus.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, jcpenney.com, and macy's.com as well as their physical store locations along with cremedelamer.com. The retail pricing is $385 for 30 ml (1 oz.)

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to sephora.com:
What it is: A supercharged serum that helps support natural collagen and skin renewal.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Dryness, and Dullness and Uneven Texture
Formulation: Rich Serum
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, and triclosan.
What Else You Need to Know: This serum helps diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles for a regenerated, youthful look. It is formulated with a new Metabolic Ferment and an added dose of Miracle Broth™ to support and nurtures skin, setting it on a path for a healthy-looking, vibrant future.


Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com
La Mer The Regenerating Serum - ShopStyle

What is the texture like?
This has a smooth, lightweight cream texture.

Is this scented?
This has a clean, cold cream type scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I'll be honest - I really love how hydrating this serum is and how smooth and silky it leaves my skin feeling but I genuinely believe I can get that degree of hydration with products that don't cost $385 an ounce, I'm sorry but the price point is ridiculous for a product that, in my opinion, merely hydrates and smooths the skin's texture. At that point you might as well save your money up and, rather than buy several bottles of serum, get Botox or some other anti-aging procedure.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a sample at my workplace, I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment