Sunday, June 21, 2020

Primer Review: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer


Availability: *A note*: These primers have been reformulated and repackaged - they are now silicone-free and this particular primer is now known as the "perfecting". My personal review is obviously of the product that I have, but as far as product info goes, I will be pulling off the info from the "perfecting" primer. This product retails at $40 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL) and can be purchased at sephora.com, jcpenny.com, bluemercury.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, saksfithavenue.com and macys.com along with their physical store locations as well as at lauramercier.com and cosmeticsnow.com.

Would I buy this again? I might, I like it.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to sephora.com:
What it is: A skin-perfecting primer that creates a flawless canvas for makeup application and extended wear.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.
What Else You Need to Know: The breathable formula seals in skincare and creates a protective barrier that extends makeup wear. It is formulated with skin-loving ingredients, so it not only protects skin, but is also good for skin.
Clinical Results: Based on an independent US consumer study on 28 participants after 4 weeks of use:
- 96% said the primer looks invisible on skin
- 89% said the primer creates a smooth texture for easy makeup application
- 82% said the primer creates an even surface so that the skin texture looks smooth

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com:
-Vitamin C: Visibly brightens and evens skin tone.
-Green Tea Extract: Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
-Aloe Vera Gel: Calms and soothes the skin.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a very light, refreshing, gel-cream.  

Is this scented?
This has a  scent that reminds me of powdered sugar and vanilla extract, it's not sweet but it has that weird musky-sweet note that those things do. I will say the scent dissipates quickly and I don't notice it when I use this on my face.  

What has my experience with the product been like?
I really like how lightweight this primer is - I find that my makeup glides beautifully on top and that it lasts all day (8-12 hours, typically) with this on. It's a great basic, no-frills primer and I recommend it. I'm unsure how the newer formula performs in comparison with this one.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment