Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Mascara Review: ColourPop Purple Prose BFF Volumizing Mascara

Alright folksickles...
Today I will be reviewing the ColourPop BFF Volumizing Mascara in Purple Prose






Sans Mascara:


With Mascara:

Availability: This can be purchased at colourpop.com. The retail pricing is $9 for a standard size (7g, 0.24 oz.).
Would I buy this?: For $9 sure, why not, I think it's a fun way to play with color.
Notes: This mascara comes in 4 shades.
Let's go over what the mascara's supposed to do and what it actually does. According to colourpop.com: Mascara that instantly volumizes, lifts, and lengthens lashes. What, like it’s hard?
Alright so I'm sure you can see from the photographs that this mascara gives my lashes volume and enhances them without being super chunky or particularly clumpy. You can really tell in particular in these shots because the shade stands out from my eyeliner. I think it's pretty nice if you're looking for volume and, as you see, the lashes still look fairly soft and natural. Now a few things - if you wear this with falsies it's noticeable but not to an extent where it looks bad or clashes with them, if this is still a concern you can just use a non-black one just on the lower lashes. In addition, this purple doesn't define the eyes at all, I wouldn't wear it on its own unless I had a very nude look going on on the eyes or just wanted a very monochromatic purple eye look. That said, if I didn't already have enough mascara to last me a lifetime I'd definitely give the black one a try. I didn't have any issues with this mascara flaking or smudging. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I bought this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment